We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice - itinerary 40 days in Indonesia

Which Indonesia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Advice - itinerary 40 days in Indonesia

Hi,

I was really hoping someone would comment on the itinerary below:

2,5 days: Jakarta

--> Train to Yogyakarta

5 days: Yogyakarta (Is 5 days including transport to much? Heard there should be a lot of exiting day trips)

--> Bus? to Solo

2 days in Solo including bus trip from Yogyakarta

--> Bus? to Bromo vulcano

1 day at the Bromo vulcano

--> Transport to Bali (what is the easiest way?)

3 days at Seminyak

--> Transport to Ubud

2 days at Ubud

--> Transport to Gunung Batur

2 days at Gunung Batur (is this worth seeing or should it be skipped once one has seen the Bromo vulcano?

--> Transport to Munduk

2 days at Munduk

--> Transport to Nusa Lembongan

4 days at Nusa Lembongan

--> Transport to Senggigi

4 days at Senggigi

--> Transport to Gili Islands

5 days at Gili Islands

We are hoping to relax a bit, so I am afraid if I have put to many stops in at the rute - is there anything you would recommend skipping?

Salatiga, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Java
reviews: 50
1. Re: Advice - itinerary 40 days in Indonesia

Hi,

Yes, you can easily spend five days in Yogya, if you use the town as a base for exploring Central Java. It is also the town with most facilities for tourists, easy to arrange day trips with a rented car with driver.

You need not stay in Solo, as it is only an hour's drive from Yogya. But it may be worth it, as Solo is more laid back - less touristy - than Yogya.

For things to do from Yogya and Solo, see my tips at the Virtual Tourist website:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/669/

Check out the pages on:

Salatiga

Ambarawa

Borobudur

Dieng Plateau

Prambanan

Solo city

Yogyakarta Special Region.

In Yogya you can also arrange an overland trip to Bali, many agents have it on offer. Usually you travel by minibus. If part of the way is by a big bus, insist that it should be airconditioned.

The overland trip can include a day for visiting Bromo. As you are interested in volcanoes, I suggest you also include a day for Ijen. See:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/1297dc/

If you have seen both Bromo and Ijen, you may well skip Batur. If you still want to see Batur, you can do it on a day trip from Ubud, no need to stay closer to Batur. You can even arrange climbing Batur from Ubud.

I have never been to the other places you mention, so I leave it to others to comment on these.

Theo

2. Re: Advice - itinerary 40 days in Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 21, 2013