We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Express Tourist Octopus vs MTR 1 day pass

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 23
Airport Express Tourist Octopus vs MTR 1 day pass

Hi

We arrive at airport around 18:00 on Sunday night, returning to the Airport around 21:00 the following Friday. We are staying at the Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok.

I am therefore uncertain as to whether I should purchase an Airport Express 3 day Tourist Octopus HKD300 and then additional MTR 1 day passes at HKD50 per day or

whether we should buy a Round Trip ticket for oor travel to and from airport, which I think costs HKD160 and the 5 day passes.

Can anyone help?

Hong Kong
1. Re: Airport Express Tourist Octopus vs MTR 1 day pass

Either 3-day Tourist Octopus or Round Trip tickets plus a usual Octopus card are good. Top up the Tourist Octopus or usual Octopus for HK$100-200 per person when you get the cards, you'll need these credit on cards to take bus, ferry, trams etc. You can further top up at MTR stations or convienence stores.

I wouldn't suggest you buy 1-day MTR pass unless you know you are going to use MTR for more than HK$50 in a particular day.

2. Re: Airport Express Tourist Octopus vs MTR 1 day pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 25, 2009