We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in HK, How is the Intercontinential Grand...

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, USA
reviews: 1
First time in HK, How is the Intercontinential Grand...

Hello, This is my first visit in HK, I booked two rooms in the Intercontinential Grand Stanford Hotel on Mody Rd. I would like to know if this hotel is any good?

Is there any hints I need know to get around HK or what I should definitely do beside visiting Victoria Peak which I already planned. Thanks in advance for everyones advises.

Pacifica, California
reviews: 19
1. Re: First time in HK, How is the Intercontinential Grand...

The hotel is good overall. The up side is that the rooms are a rather big in Hong Kong standard. However, I find it a little out of the way and close to the red light district of Tsim Sha Tsui.

In terms of getting around HK, MTR (subway) system is the most convenient. However, I highly recommend you take the ferry from Tsim Tsa Shui to either Central (Victoria Peak) or Wanchai (HK Exhibition Center) and take the tram that runs along Hong Kong Island. I would not recommend getting the tourist MTR pass. It's more economical to pay by trip. Rather, if you don't want to pay per trip, you can get a prepaid Octopus Card, available at most MTR station. I believe it's HK$100 or HK$150 minimum and has a HK$7 fee nowadays. You can use that for all the public transportation, 7-11's, and stores like Wellcome, Watsons, Park n Shop, etc.

Good luck.