We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family travelling to Hong Kong 1st time

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Family travelling to Hong Kong 1st time

Hi There

Can some one help me find accomodation in Hong Kong, 1st time traavelling there, we are a family of 5, 3x teenagers and my husband and I, can't find rooms bis enough to accomodate all of us unless we get 2x rooms which can cost, prefer to stay together being our 1st time, can anyone help?

Thanks

Rae

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 87
1. Re: Family travelling to Hong Kong 1st time

Monz, I really really cannot think of any hotels that would allow 5 of you in a room. Even if there were, you would be very uncomfortable b/c of the rooms size in HK's hotels. Very small in general.

Unless you are booking a suite or something.

You can stay together, just book two connecting rooms.

The other option is look into staying in apartment style accodations rather than "hotels".

4 in a room hotels are already hard to find in Asia, let alone 5 full grown adults.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Family travelling to Hong Kong 1st time

Hi Monz

Try this link,

http://www.olympicterrace.com.hk

I haven't stayed here but am looking at it for March next year for 2 adults & 3 children. They appear to take advanced bookings which most apartments don't as they are looking for long term tennants. Most others will give you a confirmed booking 3-6 weeks out.

This place is a bit further out but is priced accordingly, transport is cheap, fast and continuous.

When are you looking at going? avoid April & October as they are peak periods for the trade shows and accommodation is expensive.

Hotel rooms are tiny but you can see why when you get there. You could try the Bishop Lei though I've only stayed there on business so unsure if they have suite etc to suit you. Stayed here for 4 weeks in April and highly recommend it.

Recommendations if you are there for more than 5 days

1) Day trip to Macau (sights) & or Shenzhen (a must if your into shopping)

2) The peak (late afternoon/night) only if weather is clear or you will see very little)

3) Times square (good cheap eatery, down 1 floor)

4) Ladies/temple st markets (late afternoon/night)

5) Devils Advocate (lockharts Rd near the Wharney ) for Rugby

6) Bulldogs in Lan Kwai Fong (Sports bar) for Rugby

7) Cafe D Coral (reastaurant chain) all over Hong Kong good cheap food NZ$6 for a steak, rice, some veges & a large drink.

8) Stanley/repulse bay for lounging on the beach, fine dining etc not for shopping, better of going to the night markets.

I love this city, have fun and its safer on the streets than here at home.

Cheers

Perth, Western...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Family travelling to Hong Kong 1st time

Hello Rae

We just spent two+ weeks at the Harbour Plaza North Point. We had what our travel agent called a "family suite" for two adults with one child but at least one more person would have been accommodated. (Looking at the website, we had a junior suite.)

It was basically two interconnecting rooms set up as a suite but one had a kitchenette, one had cupboard space. So we had two bathrooms and two televisions. Also had a harbour view.

The price was very reasonable. Because it's further out than most hotels (10 minutes by MTR to Central, no problem for us) we got more square metres for our money.

The hotel also does bigger (two-bedroom) suites so it might be worth looking into. In our case, the "king bed" was two king singles pushed together. There is also an excellent pool.

Sneetch

4. Re: Family travelling to Hong Kong 1st time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 15, 2009