We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong in 2 days

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Hong Kong in 2 days

Hi! I am planning a 2 day trip to Hong Kong and would like to ask...:

1.What to see? I am mostly interested in seeing historical places and architecture. I am not that interested in modern buildings or shopping ( unless there is, for example a market with traditional items? )

2. maybe you can advice me on some unique, lovely but not very touristy and popular place or thing to see or do?

3. Where is the best place to eat- where do local people go to eat? Is there any Hong Kong specialty?

3. I will be in Hong Kong on the 28th of Feb - will there still be New Years celebrations?

Thank you again!!!!!!

Mumbai (Bombay...
1. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

If you are into trekking, HK offers a number of options. Otherwise, even the cultural scene in the city is quite nice. You can visit the avenue of stars - similar to Hollywood boulevard. There is so much to do there.

Or you can also go to Macau for a day.

I had one day to spend. Read how I spent it:

…blogspot.in/2013/12/one-day-in-hong-kong_4.…

London, United...
2. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

I've just been told in my previous post that 2 days for Macau is not enough....

Wellington
reviews: 6
3. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

They were correct. 2 days is nowhere enough to see HK :-). Good luck with old buildings though, they're pretty rare. Museum of Teaware is one - nice old mansion.But Hong Kong keeps pulling them down. Generally, in Hong Kong if somewhere is unique and lovely, it's crowded, and often someone is making money out of it :-). Particularly on holidays. There are very few restaurants that cater solely to tourists, Hong Kong people eat everywhere. There are many, many restaurants, both Chinese and foreign.

While most of the markets sell "traditional" items, they do tend to be cheap and nasty, but you can sometimes pick up nice objects there. However if you do want traditional items I suggest you go to a China products Emporium. The quality is better and the prices aren't too expensive, though they can be if you wish. The best of traditional items, such as chopsticks and teaware are sold in more upmarket shops. And China products Emporium at least carries a wide variety at many price points.

London, United...
4. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

Thank you!

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 356
5. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

1 Tai O fishing village comes to mind

2 Tai Long Beach is where the locals go for a relaxing time away from the city

3 as its still winter, i recommend a claypot rice place, hotpot or dim sum... i like emperor in diamon hill shopping centre (popular with my sai kung relatives as well) or my favourite in TST is juk yurn kimberley road

4 Nope all ended

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 356
6. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

also repulse bay when you said architecture

there's a famouse building (could be flats or a hotel i cant remember) its the first only (was) building in the world with a hole in the middle, the reason was fung shui

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=repulse+bay+famous+building&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EeGwUu6mDcyqhAfs-ICACQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1420&bih=694

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
7. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

>> 3. I will be in Hong Kong on the 28th of Feb - will there still be New Years celebrations? <<

Not really. It would be about a month past since the first of Chinese New Year.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
8. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

Another historical building worth some time is the Sun Yat Sen Museum located just above SoHo:

http://hk.drsunyatsen.museum/en/index.php

Other buildings that come to mind are:

The Pawn (a restaurant on Johnston Road, Wan Chai)

1881 Heritage (ex-Marine Police HQ, Tsim Sha Tsui)

discoverhongkong.com/eng/…1881-heritage.jsp

9. Re: Hong Kong in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 19, 2014