We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Itinerary for Lantau Island

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Day Itinerary for Lantau Island

Hi all,

I will be staying in a hotel in Mongkok, which is near to the Yau Ma Tei and Mongkok MTR stations.

1) Which is the best way to Lantau Island

2) Where to book online for the cable car rides

3) What is the sequence i should visit, for the Ngong Ping Village, Tai O Village, and any worthwhile attractions?

Thanks a lot.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Day Itinerary for Lantau Island

1. MTR to Tung Chung station.

2. From the official Ngong Ping web site: np360.com.hk/en/booking/np360-ticketing-info…

3. I'd say go up to Ngong Ping village and the Big Buddha first thing in the morning, then take bus down to Tai O village for the rest of the day. Take bus back to Tung Chung, where you can do some shopping and have dinner.

2. Re: Day Itinerary for Lantau Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 10, 2014