We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
reviews: 22
Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

We are arriving in Hong Kong quite late at night and would like to stay at a hotel overnight before travelling on to the Dongmen area (Metropark Hotel?).

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Hong Kong in a convenient position for the onward journey. As we will be only using this hotel for a sleep, only needs to be clean and close to MTR station. Many thanks

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
11. Re: Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

>> I'll try the bus people first and if not will take your advice re taxi or A43 bus. <<

Belle:

I am so sorry. I have confused you. In reply #6, I said "VOA office at Huanggang closes at 5 pm so that is out of the question.".

I read that you have read that the airport bus to Huanggang staff will not let you on the bus unless you have a China visa. I was thinking in a general case, you can ask them about relying on VOA at Huanggang. But since you are arriving at 6pm, that option is not available to you. Luohu port is your only path.

Melbourne Australia
12. Re: Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

ok thanks HappyFeet - I'll go via MTR to Luolu and then get VOA.

Any thoughts re Macau?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
13. Re: Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

>> Any thoughts re Macau? <<

Hmmm???? Did you catch reply #10? Did you have a new question?

Melbourne Australia
14. Re: Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

Oops somehow seemed to have missed that reply. Thanks so much will now go direct to Macau from Shenzhen. Thanks so much Happy Feet for answering so many of my questions - really appreciated.

15. Re: Hotel in Hong Kong close to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 31, 2014