We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in HK- Final destination Macau

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Layover in HK- Final destination Macau

I will be arriving in Hong Kong at midnight; My final destination is Macau. From the ferry schedule, its seems like the earliest one is at 9am. Any suggestion of what I should do for at least 7 hours ( I want to avoid checking into an expensive hotel for 7 hours? Thanks in advance.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Layover in HK- Final destination Macau

Ferries do run 24 hrs. Read this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g664891-i12409-k50…

San Francisco...
reviews: 77
2. Re: Layover in HK- Final destination Macau

With the 1-hour ferry ride you will then need to consider what to do until checkin time at your hotel in Macau. Often hotels have a 2pm or 3pm checkin time so you are likley to find yourself needing to figure out what to do in Macau for 12 or more hours.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
3. Re: Layover in HK- Final destination Macau

If you arrive at the airport at midnight, you will possibly make the 01-30 ferry by taking taxi to Macau Ferry Terminal at Sheung Wan (about 25 mins) or if you miss that one, there are ferries 02-30, 04-00 and 04-45;

turbojet.com.hk/en/routing-sailing-schedule/…

There is also a night bus service N11 from the airport every 30 mins from 00-50 which terminate at Macau Ferry Terminal but the journey takes about 75 mins.

4. Re: Layover in HK- Final destination Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 30, 2014