We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difficult to choose

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 95
Difficult to choose

Hi.Have done a fair bit on reading on TA but am unable to decide on the hotel based on 1)Convenient location 2) Good breakfast 3) Quality of rooms 4) Proximity to restaurants/malls/other shopping 4) Room rates (upto 250US$).

Some of the names that i shortlisted are - Harbour Grand , Royal Plaza , Panorama Rhombus , Harbour Plaza Metropolis ,Kowloon Hotel.

Any views/suggestion/other options?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,400
1. Re: Difficult to choose

Id go with Royal Plaza in Mongkok. Right next to some great street markets and only a few MTR stops from the heart of TST area for mall shopping, one of two best areas in the city along with Causeway Bay. Breakfast, depending on what you want won't be difficult to find.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
2. Re: Difficult to choose

For "convenience of location":

Harbour Grand - (assume you meant Harboud Grand Kowloon), a little off

Royal Plaza - slightly off

Panorama Rhombus - very convenient

Harbour Plaza Metropolis - slightly off

Kowloon Hotel - very convenient

For room quality: I believe Harbour Grand Kowloon is rated as a 5-star. The other ones I think are 4-stars.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
3. Re: Difficult to choose

Hi, I may even go for Langham Place,and also The Mira, even Sheraton, Hyatt Regency.

Then I take your preference criteria, plus those in your shortlisted, I go

1) Langham Place

2). Hyatt Regency /The Mira

3). Panorama Rhombus

Will only consider Royal Plaza if only checking in after Oct 2013 when their scheduled renovation works are completed,and all facilities(e.g. pool, main lobby, club) are all back in full fledged services.

Harbour Grand and Harbour Plaza Metropolis--may not befit your (1) though HPM do have a free shuttle,but if there is a big concert/event/performance at the nearby Hung Hom Coliseum-- higher human traffic at nearby MTR station.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,400
4. Re: Difficult to choose

Indeed the renovations at Royal Plaza are a present day factor. Thanks to more alert mKiaratravel for that reminder. If you can consider the Langham Place, this is an even better option than Royal Plaza, on the main MTR line and in a great shopping spot.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 615
5. Re: Difficult to choose

we often stay at the Sheraton & love the location.

6. Re: Difficult to choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014