We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks everyone!

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorks
reviews: 6
Thanks everyone!

It seems they are closing all my threads, even though I was going to post in some of them.

I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to answer any of my many questions. I must say I have learnt much from my curiosity.

You have only whetted my appetite to visit HK and I look forward to it tremendously.

It seems mostly the same posters time and time again posting to offer me advice so please accept my thanks, you all know who you are without me needing to name names.

I have in large done a much preparation for the trip though there is still much to organise before I am able to get on the plane.

I hope once I get to HK I will be able to thank any of you that live (or indeed are visiting) while I'm there personally with the offer of yum cha with Vanilla (on me).

I promise that I will post reviews on Trip Advisor so that I can give something back to the web-site which has been such a help.

Thanks again everyone, I will think of you when I visit McDs.:):)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
1. Re: Thanks everyone!

Hong Kong is a safe and fun place, especially for young people. :) Go for it! Don't over McThink everything. Explore, learn as you go. We are all open to more questions to help you plan your trip and execute your plan, even after you are already there. :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
2. Re: Thanks everyone!

Hi, no worries. Smiles.

You will be fine in HK

No need to give something back to TA(they do not pay you)...pay it forward (In The Garden of Delight-book)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,122
3. Re: Thanks everyone!

Don't thank us yet!!!! ;-) Wait until your trip is over and let us know how much you enjoyed (or hated) HK. ;-) Either way, have a great trip, Vanilla.

Yorks
4. Re: Thanks everyone!

Well I still have some hard work to do before I can go, but it will be worth it in the end. I am positive that the trip will be a huge success.

Will post a pic of me in McDs when I arrive, lol. Since I am sure you all equate me to McDs now.

Incidentally, I was in McDs here and they just started a promotion for frappaccchhischosnos (and some mango smoothie) but the big surprise was the big ticket on display said 'McCafe'. So I don't know if that means they are coming to us soon.

Long Beach, NY
reviews: 77
5. Re: Thanks everyone!

Looking forward to seeing a photo of you in McDs/McCafe enjoying a “frothy” drink!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
6. Re: Thanks everyone!

Maybe your threads just ended up branching into so many tangents. I don't know who decided or requested that they be shut down but we certainly bounced some ideas around.

Maybe you can try the McDonald's rice when you come. They have just rolled them out to all stores I believe.

Yorks
7. Re: Thanks everyone!

I didn't even know you could request a thread to shut down. I guess I made too one or two people itchy. Where I annoy them so much they just can't live with the itch. Personally I just ignore posts I don't like or do not post in them. Life's too short.

8. Re: Thanks everyone!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2014