We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 2
Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

We are travelling via Hong Kong and have a stop over for three nights our travel agent has suggested staying at Ramada hotel in Kowloon I notice the reviews are not great. We are hoping to do a bit of sight seeing and shopping as well as visit the markets can anyone tell us if this is a good hotel / area to stay in or some alternatives.

Thanks

Suzie

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 39
1. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

Hong Kong has a very efficient and easy to use MRT subway system so you can get around very easily.

so, the main criteria for choosing an hotel (besides your budget) would be proximity to a MRT station.

we chose to stay in Mongkok (at the Stanford) to really get the feel of a crowded cosmopolitan city and we're very glad we did.

Auckland
2. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

Thank you JuneTL for your reply our travel agent said that Ramada hotel in Kowloon is close to all transport including the ferry. Having never been to Hong Kong I am not sure if that is correct or not? Can anyone tell me if they have stayed in this hotel or if they can recommend another option? They quoted us NZ $444.00 for three nights accomodation on a stay three pay two deal. I am really unsure of if that is a good deal or not?

Thanks again

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 39
3. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

have a look at the reviews here on TA....

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294217-d305…

have fun checking the hotel reviews here on TA and matching them to your budget

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 87
4. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

There are definitely BETTER choice of hotels than the Ramada Kowloon.

Remember, what you pay is what you get. The location isn't best. But it's not isolated or anything.

Auckland
5. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

Hi Katetam

Could you give me some recommendation of decent hotels in good locations? Ourbudget would be about HK$3000.00 for three nights for a couple. Is that an okay budget I dont want to stay in some dusty old place?

Thanks again

Suzie

Xiamen, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 8
6. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

You can take a look at Hotel Benito or Kimberley Hotel, they are both closer to MTR and better reviews than the Ramada Kowloon.

As JuneTL said, you don't need to stay at Tsimshatsui. For example, the Cityview Hong Kong is very close to Yaumati MTR and better value for money.

London
7. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

I'm staying in the Cosmo Mongkok for three nnights next week - can't wait

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
8. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

Places that might fit your budget which are decent:

Holiday Inn Express (both Causeway Bay and the new Jervois St locations)

Ibis Central and Sheung Wan

Hotel Benito

BP International

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 87
9. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

Butterfly on various locations, Hotel Benito, Stanford Mongkok, YWCA ,

BP International, and Holiday Inn Express as suggested by Sammy already may all fit your budget, depending the dates you are staying. Varies a great deal.

Here is a good site for you to take a look. Gives you good info.

http://www.hk-hotel.com

10. Re: Which hotel for 3 nights in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 15, 2014