We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentines Day Restaurant

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san jose, California
reviews: 2
Valentines Day Restaurant

Can someone recommend a very romantic valentines day restaurant for 2?

Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 14
1. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

Depends on your budget and type of cuisine. Many hotel restaurants will have special set menus (and charges special high prices). You will need advance reservations for popular places. Use openrice.com for recommendations.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
2. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

In fact, you might be require to put down a deposit, pre-pay, or give a credit card guarantee for top-end places. Amount you are willing to spend matters. The best places will cost around HKD1,000 to start.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,121
3. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

Chesa at the Peninsula is a good option for starters (see link).

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294217-d7…

Edited: 2:34 am, November 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
4. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

Hi, you did mention very romantic.. I sugest one-thirtyone or cococaban or Pierre (of Pierre Gagnaire).

san jose, California
5. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

Price range would be less than $200 USD total.

Thanks

Edited: 1:47 pm, November 12, 2012
san jose, California
6. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

How about Aqua Roma?

This seems like a nice restaurant with a view that is in my price range.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
7. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

Aqua Roma has a fantastic view. The drawback though is it has a reputation (at least amongst locals) as a bit of a tourist trap. In other words, for the price of the view, you get relatively average food and service.

Getting good reviews (I haven't gone there myself, but I have seen the layout) is Ambrosia at iSquare. You will need to book early enough to secure window tables. The view and atmosphere look very good.

www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm…

If view is not the absolute requirement, I echo BradJill's suggestion of Chesa.

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 1
8. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

Yeah, Aqua Roma has a fantastic view. However, its service is not very good, I think.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
9. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

I have a very bad experience on the service at HuTong. One floor apart from Aqua. They are run by the same Aqua Group.

Modus operandi: Churn, churn, churn.

You need to set a stop watch for your romantic and fantastic-view experience. Tick tock tick tock. They have many other customers to serve.

Edited: 2:05 am, November 13, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,121
10. Re: Valentines Day Restaurant

We enjoy visiting Aqua Spirit, the upstairs bar for a round or two, particularly when the sky conditions are ideal. The views of the Hong Kong Skyline are just very, very good from this location.

However, like others, we were not very impressed with our rather pricey meal at Agua Roma and find it difficult to consider returning to for dining.