We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in HK

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
reviews: 4
4 Days in HK

Hi Guys,

We are 2 couples with a kid (3 Years old) each travelling in the first week of November. Planning on staying 3 days in Mongkok (LP) and 1 day at Disney Land Hotel. Request you to suggest how we could split the days on which places to squeeze in to see in the 3 days in HK. Thank you

Hyderabad, India
1. Re: 4 Days in HK

Also wanted to know if I could exchange INR at the airport or any place else for HK $. Thank you

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
2. Re: 4 Days in HK

There are plenty of places to exchange INR. The airport is the worse place. You'll get terrible rates. Try the money changers in Chungking Mansion. Also I don't think it's worthwhile to change hotel for just one night to the Disneyland hotel. But if you are already booked then OK. Otherwise I'd just stay in Mongkok.

For the three days look on the right side of this page for "must see/do in HK". Have fun.

Hyderabad, India
3. Re: 4 Days in HK

The only reason I changed the Hotel for a day is because of the Kids. I thought if they do get tired around the Disneyland, they could come back for a quick nap and off again to explore.

Regarding the INR, one small doubt. Are there any place in Mongkok near Langham Place to exchange INR.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
4. Re: 4 Days in HK

There are many small kiosks for money exchange. Check around for the best rates.

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 15
5. Re: 4 Days in HK

In my experience, withdrawing local currencies from ATM gives you the most favorable exchange rates, as 'determined' by Visa/Mastercard (for example). One thing you want to make sure though, is that your bank(card) does not take "commission" on foreign withdrawals. If they do, then you'd have to factor that in as well.

We are leaving for HK in 10 days and plan to withdraw from the ATM at the airport for HKD.

Camas, Washington
reviews: 83
6. Re: 4 Days in HK

agreed, we always try to withdraw cash from ATMs, as long as you don't need more than the daily max. with little kids, ocean park is fun but also tiring, bring strollers for those tired legs.

7. Re: 4 Days in HK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 14, 2013