We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the weather like in May?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Whats the weather like in May?

We are visiting May 19 to 26 and just wondered what the weather is like - will it be raining all the time, or can we expect some nice days.

We will be staying at the Miramar Hotel I think - any views on this hotel also apprecated.

Kate & Stu

Hong Kong
1. Re: Whats the weather like in May?

Weather is weather, it could be raining everything or there will be some nice days during that period. It varies year by year, last year rained most days during that period (but not raining whole day everyday), but 2004 has more nice days than rainy days.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 14
2. Re: Whats the weather like in May?

Hi Kate&Stu,

I remember visiting Hongkong the same time last year and it was really hot and humid, it felt something like 36° C even though I'm sure it was a bit lower. Even if at times it was mostly cloudy, it was really humid and I remember one day changing my shirt 2-3 times a day, specially if you'll be touring and shopping a lot! Good thing my hotel was just nearby. So make sure to bring very light clothing. Though I'm sure you'd enjoy the warm weather.

Haven't stayed at Miramar (I usually stay at the Kowloon Hotel just a few blocks away), but if you'll be doing some shopping, you won't be disappointed as shops are literally just a few steps from the hotel and the MTR station is nearby, giving you quick access to explore Hongkong.