We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laptop prices in HK...

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Laptop prices in HK...

Does anyone know if buying a laptop in HK would get me a good deal in comparison with prices at the U.S? Also, where would be a good place to look for laptops if its actually worth my while buying one there.

Thanks.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
1. Re: Laptop prices in HK...

No it will not be cheaper. And not all laptops carry worldwide warranties. Since it's a significant investment, I only go to authorized dealers so their prices are pretty uniform, and I trust my credit card with them, instead of cheaper outfits.

They are mostly found at Windsor House(causeway bay), Star House (Tsim Sha Tsui).

The cheapest place would probably be Golden Computer Centre in Shamshuipo. You can also find some at Wanchai Computer Centre (both near subway/MTR stations).

Although the authorized dealers don't discount, you can ask for "free" gifts like whatever USB adapter, mouse, webcam.

Large chain stores like Fortress or Broadway are NOT cheaper, and only have puny free gifts.