We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

both in TST, Kowloon. I wonder which is better. Any comments/advice?

also read that Park Hotel is undergoing renovations, anyone knows when the works will be completed?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 88
1. Re: which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

Kowloon Hotel is 4 star hotel, while Park is 3 star hotel. Both are good in location, but Kowloon hotel is BETTER as it's right next to the MTR station, and right on Nathan Road, behind the Peninsula Hotel.

Park Hotel is about 2 blocks away from the closest MTR station, but with LOTS of restaurants and stores around it.

Park Hotel's prices probably is cheaper than Kowloon Hotel.

Park Hotel's rooms are comparable to western hotels, much bigger than Kowloon Hotel.

Park Hotel's renovations was scheduled to be completed half a year ago, but it's STILL going on..... but the hotel has been very good at accomodating guests during this long time renovations.....so far, it's been not disruptive to the guests.

Do ask for a renovated room though, otherwise, it's very tired rooms and decor.

That's all I can say.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

thanks, Katetam..it's really useful! but i'm having some hesitations about park hotel because of the poor ratings given by others while they were there during the period of upgrading. kowloon hotel has good ratings but there seems like a lot of complaints on the rooms being too small. would you have any other recommendation for hotels in the similar price category and located in the same vicinity?

i'm going for 5D/4N in April and i'm also bringing my parents along. I've never been there before so I hope to cover as much as possible during this trip (for shopping and scenary too), but just worried that my parents can't do so much walking. would you have any advice on the places i should cover in my itinerary?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 88
3. Re: which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

I think you can look into Kimberley Hotel b/c the location is really good, even better than Park Hotel, and recent feedback has been good. Smaller rooms than Park, but a LITTLE bigger than Kowloon.

If rooms size is not a concern, and the price are in the same range for Kowloon and Park, then you might like Kowloon better. Park has bigger rooms, and the price SHOULD be lower than Kowloon hotel.

The other one you can consider is New World Renaissance, they have good prices too, but a little further from the MTR station.

Australia
4. Re: which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

Three adults enjoyed the Park Hotel facilities last November.

The eldest was a male aged 69 and the other two were women the youngest 33.

We do not have a single complaint in fact upon my return I took the effort to forward post cards of compliment to the administration and cleaning staff, who for us did an EXCELLENT job.

Our room was totally adequate, the location was GREAT.

We would DEFINITELY stay there again.

We are budget travellers and this Hotel exceeded expectations for the price we paid.

masaloi

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: which is better - kowloon hotel or park hotel?

You guys are great. Thanks for the advices!