We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between hotels...

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 82
Distance between hotels...

Is the Embassy Hotel Serviced Apt. (Tsim Sha Tsui) 240-252 Nathan Road, Kowloon within walking distance to the Marco Polo Prince Hotel?

Is the Embassy located in a safe area for a single 50+ travelling alone?

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 14
1. Re: Distance between hotels...

That location is near Jordan Station. If you walk to the Marco Polo Prince it would take about 15 minutes.

Hong Kong is safe at all hours, just exercise normal precautions for pickpockets. Late in the night you may find some characters and "workers" walking about the side streets near Jordan, but they won't bother people at random.

Not sure if you have checked but it seems the Embassy is located within an older building, more akin to a hostel.

Edited: 8:57 pm, April 19, 2011
Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Distance between hotels...

Thank you GlacierFed.

Because of tight budget, have to consider hostels. But am concerned if it's in an old building (a fire trap?). Can you recommend any other clean and safe hostel within the vicinity (5-10 min. walk) of Marco Polo Prince (meeting up with people for a few days that will be staying there). Just need the basics but do need airconditioning.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 56
3. Re: Distance between hotels...

If fire hazzard is your only concern then it should be alright... any liscented hotel / hostel in HK is heavily regulated by the fire department

What glacierfed warned you about this hotel is simply as 'it's just a basic old worn out' hostel instead of a 'Hotel Serviced Apartment' as listed on their name

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 14
4. Re: Distance between hotels...

OLY, you read my mind...

Unfortunately, most of the hostels are not going to be in brand new buildings. For fire safety there is not much you can do except looking for the nearest escape stairs.

Some DEs here recommend hostels in Mirador Mansion, which is closer to Marco Polo than the Embassy. (do a search for Mirador in the forum)

Hong Kong, China
5. Re: Distance between hotels...

actually what is your budget and when are you going to Hong Kong? cos I've actually seen hostels charge more then some mid-tier 2 stars / low-tier 3 stars hotels...

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Distance between hotels...

Planning to be in HK 9 - 14 June 2011. Thanks!

Edited: 6:55 am, April 20, 2011
Sydney, Australia
7. Re: Distance between hotels...

Budget - HK$250 - 350/nt. Is this realistic?

Hong Kong, China
8. Re: Distance between hotels...

totally... for a hostel (like those in Mirador Mansion or Chungking Mansion) some of them could go below HK$200. But if you want a hotel, about HK$400 might do during June.

There's one in between TST and Jordan (I forgot the name) near hillwood road that is about 15-20 mins walk to Prince Hotel

Colombo, Sri Lanka
9. Re: Distance between hotels...

What is the route between The Ritz Carlton Hotel and The Regal Kowloon Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 139
10. Re: Distance between hotels...

Suggest you google mirador mansions and chungking mansions. There are some interesting reviews on both. I change my money on the ground floor of chungking mansions, and every time I go in I think "Thank God I'm not staying here". I've been to HK 11 times now (last time, this month) and I find the downstairs entrance rather intimidating. There are all types just sort of hanging around, with not too much of a purpose. Mirador and chungking are only a block apart. Mirador just slightly closer to MP Prince