We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring food into Hong Kong.

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 36
Bring food into Hong Kong.

Hi,

Just wondering if you are allowed to bring food into Hong Kong.

As my children are a bit fussy and i was going to bring there snacky food with us nuts.bickies,chips.

Will they let my bring this stuff in i know if i was coming into oz i would have problems.

Thank you for your time.

Wellington
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 6
1. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble with biscuits etc. We took some familiar stuff when our boy was young, But you'll find some of the stuff in HK is identical. And ours liked HK stuff better often. Was sweeter :-).

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
2. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

You should have no problem bringing biscuits. There are special regulations for bringing meat, poultry, game, milk, seafood and frozen products into HK, otherwise most food is OK.

victoria
reviews: 1
3. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

Why not check out the Wellcome supermarket web site. They could have what you want? they do have vegemite...............

Arcadia, California
reviews: 64
4. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

Yes, you should have no trouble with bringing such snack foods into Hong Kong. If you happen to need more food while in Hong Kong (snack food s are great on the flights), Hong Kong supermarkets do have lots of products from around the world actually, so you shouldn't have trouble finding things your children would like to eat! Tons of snack foods are available in convenience stores and bakeries are spread out throughout Hong Kong. You can even find snacks and foods kids would enjoy even at the MTR stations!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
5. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

The items you mentioned can be brought into HK.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 18
6. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

you'll have no problem finding western snack foods everywhere in HK

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau Region
reviews: 9
7. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

Yes, you can find just about everything snacky here, but a caveat - do look at the production country, as some things are made under licence in various Asian countries rather than "back home". Malaysian cheese Twisties are just a bit strange, but Indonesian Tim Tams are utterly disgusting (most of the Arnotts bikkies you get in Hong Kong are made back in Oz, but it pays to double-check!).

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 32
8. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

You wont have trouble bringing in commercially sold snack foods into hong kong such as the ones you mentionned. For nuts i'd bring them in their original package (avoid bringing what is sold in bulk in unmarked ziplocks), just in case you get a disgruntled custom's officer.

As for finding snacks in Hong Kong, you will have no trouble. You will recognize many western brands in 7 Elevens or supermarkets such as Welcome. You might even find your children hooked on Pocky or mochi ice cream.

The only thing i find less of in HK is cheese and dairy products. Not sure you can bring that through customs anyways.

Edited: 5:50 pm, February 21, 2011
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
9. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

Another worthy place to check out is one of the supermarkets at a Japanese department store (Sogo, Jusco, Apita, etc). They often have an interesting variety of quality snacks worth trying.

Wellington
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 6
10. Re: Bring food into Hong Kong.

There is cheese but sold in much smaller blocks. often NZ brands, some australian, a bit of 'other'.