We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Hotel

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth WA
reviews: 10
Park Hotel

Can anyone tell me if the renovations at the Park Hotel are completed yet?

Also is it worth a day trip to Shenzhen? Would 2 teenage boys enjoy that trip?

We are visiting HK from 16-24Jan. Have read countless suggested itinaries etc but would value some Aussie opinions and suggestions.

Thank you fellow travellers!

Keep on travlin :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 77
1. Re: Park Hotel

I haven't been in Park Hotel lately, but from the outside, it's still has the looks of renovations on the outside. It's been a Loooonnnggg time. However, as in the past, the renovations of the hotel are kept at the least interrupting for the guests.... hopefully it's still the same.

Do request for a renovated room then when you check in.

A day trip is worth to Shenzhen IF you are looking for shopping in Lo Wu Shopping center, and into Fakes. Lots of fakes, and lots of aggressive sales will approach you.

Two teenage boys? I don't know how much they like shopping.... if they LOVE shopping, then yes. If not, they will hate it.

If you have a week in HK, and this is your first trip to HK, I would suggest a day trip to Macau would be a better choice.

Before heading to macau, make sure you pick up a guide book at a local bookstore, otherwise you will find yourself wandering aimlessly in the city. Although Macau is very small, you do need to find the right places to see, and especially to EAT!!!

Perth, WA
reviews: 13
2. Re: Park Hotel

Hi Karen, just saw your message (Sunday morning). You are leaving Monday so if you see this in time, plz call me 9274 4202 and we can swap contact info if you wish.

PerthAussieGuy aka Mike (co-incidence!!)