We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mexico city
Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

Will be in Hong Kong from April 24th fro 5 nights, but it��s hard to find a hotel for less than a US$100, any one know of cheaper ones.

reviews: 98
1. Re: Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

You may want to www.discoverhongkong.com for guidance.

HK hotel operators are usually not very disciplined when quoting room rate more than 60~90 days in advance because they are so afraid to lose out if there is a sudden shift in demand. They will only quote you the rack rate. I personally believe that such practice is detrimental to the HK tourism trade scaring off tourist like you, or others trying to plan to attend a business event in HK.

Xiamen, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 8
2. Re: Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

There will be lots of business travellers attend the Spring Canton Trade Fair during 15-30 April 2006, it is like that every year.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 87
3. Re: Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

check again in mid February, you'll probably get more accurate quotation in prices.

Have you tried Nathan Hotel ? Majestic Hotel? they might be in your range of budget.

4. Re: Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

We will be in hong kong from the 16th april -21st april. will it be better to book the hotel ealry next year rather then now.i.e cheaper.

Thank you

Singapore
reviews: 6
5. Re: Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

You might want to try Eaton Hotel. Check with the hotel web-site direct. They do give very good discount for bookings in advance, like 42 days in advance. But you have to make advance payment. Location is between Jordan and Yau Ma Tei MTR, still along Nathan Road. We stayed at Nathan Hotel and Eaton is like just next to door.

SG
6. Re: Why are hotels so expensive in April 2006

Hie peanut001,

Can i know what's the diff between Nathan Hotel & Eaton Hotel? How many stars are they rated?

Thanks!