We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend Accomodation

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Recommend Accomodation

Hi All

My husband and I are travelling to Hong Kong over Xmas, any one have any ideas on cheap accomodation and is the shopping really great???

Singapore
reviews: 6
1. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi monz,

We just came back from 8 days stay in HongKong, 01 to 08-Dec-2005.

I would recommend Nathan Hotel as they have just undergone a major extensive renovations and all the rooms have a brand new feeling.

You may want to contact the hotel direct for a good rate as they gave us a free upgrade to superior room!

As we didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep, rest and shower, we didn't go to their gym or their restaurants. There are so much on the streets of Tsim Sa Tsui/Nathan Road to eat to shop and to explore.. ( Do take a look at some pictures will be posted, in my review )

Now the shopping is really really GREAT! Try not to shop along major street as the prices are more exp, the side streets has more to see to buy. If you really wish to buy cheaper clothing try those shops that shows fixed price tags, eg the shop named.."In and Out" or "In Fashion"

The must go places are the "Temple Street" and the "Ladies Street". You must pick up a HongKong Map at the Airport. We travelled everywhere in public buses and MTR (subway).

Have a great time!

2. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi Monz,

The cheap place is always the place at the hostel, but the room is really really small.

Shopping in Hong Kong in totally related to Mong Kok, Yau Ma Tei and etc. And if you wanna explore a little more, go to Sham Shui Po where you will be surprised at the things you see... It's just amazingly cheap.

Hotel? I can't recommend, coz' I have never lived in a Hotel during my 30 years' stay here ;)

-Good luck!

- My 2 cents

Roy

Malaysia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi peanut001,

May i know how did you get to Nathan hotel from Airport? and how much does it cost u?

And how far is it from Nathan hotel to the Jordan MTR station? some say 5 mins..some say 10 mins..some say very near..some say can be very far..wondered how near/far..

Thanks.

Malaysia
4. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi peanut001,

Have you posted your pictures?

And how i can view ur pictures??

If possible, paste the URL here pls..

thanks.

reviews: 98
5. Re: Recommend Accomodation

For hotel and shopping information, go to www.discoverhongkong.com.

Singapore
6. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi Dodo 4B,

I have already posted the pictures that I have taken, pls explore...

Click on the Nathan Hotel on the Deals on HongKong Hotel, then click on "candid pictures", you should be able to view all the pictures that I have posted.

Have a Great time in HongKong!

Singapore
7. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi Dodo4B,

You could also click on the "review" to see my write-up on Nathan Hotel.

After you've arrived HK airport and as soon as you have collected your lugguage and clear the custom check, you could see a counter "Airport Express Train". This counter give advices on how you could get to your hotel. Usually they recommend Airport Express Train that costs HKD90 one-way. But I chose to travel by CityFlyer airport bus paying only HKD33 per way. The bus number A21 stops a few doors away from Nathan Hotel, to be exact it stops infront of Majestic Hotel, just walk against traffic flow and you'll see Starbucks, and make a right turn & that's Nathan Hotel.Check out at www.citybus.com.hk for the route.

I also purchased the Octopus card and it is very convenient when you travel from MTR to buses or even buying food. Just tap your card and the fare will be deducted. Next you could carry your lugguage up the bus and it has a proper area for tourists to place their lugguages there. There is also a screen where it announces in 3 languages and shows you the next stop. So when it announces "Nathan Hotel" you should press the bell, get ready to alight. The driver always gives you enough time to move your lugguage down the bus. Really very convenient and excellent!

About the exact distance to Jordan MTR from Nathan Hotel, I would say a comfortable stroll of exactly 7 minutes. Really not far at all and just walk straight down along with traffic flow on Nathan Road and when you see Prudential Hotel, Jordan MTR staion is right there.

Trust me, the walk to Jordan MTR is very near even after a long day's walk... But just remember the right exit number so that you could get in and out at the correct exit, as the MTR has numerous exits.

Don't forget to pick up a Tourist Map of HongKong and it definitely helps. You could also request for individual maps of various MTR stations at the MTR customer service counter.

Malaysia
8. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi peanut001,

Yes, i found your photos and your review.

Thank you so much for your detail informations. Its really helpful.

Singapore
9. Re: Recommend Accomodation

Hi,

You'll not be disappointed in choose Nathan Hotel.

One more point to add; the hotel room include new bedroom slippers for all three of us and all essential necessities required in bathroom ( as i read some hotels don't ven supply shower caps )

Coffee & tea-bags are also being replenished everyday...