We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sizes of beds!!!

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns
Sizes of beds!!!

Hi all, I'm travelling to HK for 2 nights in December and have found this forum to be a great help. There will be 4 of us including a 2 and 4 yr old and I think I have narrowed it down to a few hotels now: Salisbury YMCA,Holiday Inn, Shangri-La at the moment.

The problem is that having read on here that the Holiday Inn is ideal for 4 people, they emailed me and told me that their bed sizes are 4 ft by 6 ft....not much kop as I'm 6ft 6ins !!! Does anyone know if they are in fact a decent size or ridiculously small?

Question 2 is the size of the taxis from the airport. Will they fit 2 adults,2 small kids and 2 large suitcases or are they tuk tuk size??

Thanks for any help.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 87
1. Re: Sizes of beds!!!

4x6 bed are not particularly small for bed. It's a standard double bed in Asia. You might want to look for a hotel that has King Size beds since you are so tall.

2 kids and 2 adults, don't worry about the 4 people thing so much. It's the most common thing to see, a family of 4 travelling ! So I don't think you have to worry about Holiday Inn in particular. Any hotel with 2 Queen size bed will be quite comfortable for the 4 of you. But KIng size bed will be MOST comfortable for you right?

I you have narrowed down to those hotels you mentioned, I assume it's Kowloon side.... I would try to stay at Kowloon Shangri-la, ask for a room with 2 king size beds, or 2 queen size beds. The location of this hotel is away from the heart of TST, but a short walk only, and you will be in the center of action. Taxi is also very affordable in HK.

Taxis are standard private car size, nothing compact. It usually takes 5 passengers. So you will be fine with one taxi from the airport.