We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peninsula Hotel

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Peninsula Hotel

We are going to be traveling to HK in July 2008, can someone let me know if the Peninsula is located in a good area? i.e. near MRT stop etc... so that it is easy to get around?

Also is the hotel any good?

Any comments on what information on what there is to do in HK and if there are different districts in HK what we should be staying in or visiting?

Lastly is 7 days sufficient or should we allow more time to spend in HK?

Many thanks

london
reviews: 26
1. Re: Peninsula Hotel

1 - The Pen is in a very good area for MTR links TST station is within 2 minutes walk as is the Star Ferry

2 - The hotel is exceptional, if you like old world values. If you have ever been to Claridges or Browns in London, or Raffles in Singapore they are of a similar standard

3 - I would suggest that you check out the Discover Hong Kong Web site for an overview of things to do whilst you are there

4 - In my opinion, 7 days should be adequate for you to get a flavour of HK, and if you are like me, no doubt wanting to make a return visit

Hope tjis helps

South Pacific
reviews: 4
2. Re: Peninsula Hotel

Did you already book the hotel?? I'm sure if you noticed the outrageous prices they charge, you can tell it's a very nice hotel! It's one of the most expensive hotels in HK! And of course, since it's a fancy, expensive hotel, it's in a nice area.

Southern California
3. Re: Peninsula Hotel

Agree with Umaga! With the prices they charge, it had BETTER be a nice hotel!!!!!!

Xiamen, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 8
4. Re: Peninsula Hotel

Colonial type hotel, a bit old fashion, it would be great if you can afford and like the style.

Toronto
5. Re: Peninsula Hotel

I wouldn't say the rooms are old fashioned. The lobby is much more old-English style, but the rooms are as modern as any other five star hotel in Hong Kong.

Makati, Philippines
reviews: 51
6. Re: Peninsula Hotel

Hi there.

Just got back from our China vacation and still high from our Peninsula!

Colonial & old world surrounding, great room and even greater service! Close to Nathan Road, MTR stops and various shops & department stores.

Stop by Shanghai Tang & Blanc de Chine on Pedder Street in Central district.

Enjoy

7. Re: Peninsula Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 07, 2009