We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kowloon tailor

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 53
kowloon tailor

arriving for a quick visit to HK best recommendation for a tailor that can measure me on this saturday and possibly readjust by sunday at 2pm

thanks for your advice

Hong Kong, China
1. Re: kowloon tailor

If you want a great tailor, one who knows what he's doing, has been doing it forever and has earned a solid reputation in Kowloon it's Sam's. His prices are very reasonable as well. He's near the harbor on the ground floor of the Burlington Arcade. Addressis 94 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon

boston
2. Re: kowloon tailor

funny, just back from HK

I bought two suits at Sams!!!

I agree with your opinion!

Thanks DD

Long Island, NY
reviews: 30
3. Re: kowloon tailor

Do you mind if I ask how much your suits cost? How would you compare the value to a suit bought in the US? thanks!

boston
4. Re: kowloon tailor

2 shirts

1 suit

1 blue blazer

1 pant

$900 US

would have benn cheaper to buy inside China but tailoring is risky

fair price for mid level material

dd

Long Island, NY
reviews: 30
5. Re: kowloon tailor

Thank you DD!

Chicago
reviews: 52
6. Re: kowloon tailor

Any other recommendations other than Sam's ???

Toronto
7. Re: kowloon tailor

I've had good reviews from friends about Maxwell's. Well, seeing the lineup that they had in Toronto yesterday (there were tons of bankers waiting to be sized up for dress shirts and suits), I would recommend them as well.

Toronto
8. Re: kowloon tailor

I've had good reviews from friends about Maxwell's. Well, seeing the lineup that they had in Toronto yesterday (there were tons of bankers waiting to be sized up for dress shirts and suits), I would recommend them as well.

Check their website to find out where they are located in Hong Kong.

Seattle
9. Re: kowloon tailor

DO NOT GO TO SAM'S TAILOR. We were just in Hong Kong earlier this month, and went there because of the recommednations. They charge $400 for a men's suit, which is double what you should be paying for. 30 minutes after we placed our order we decided they were too expensive and went back to inquire about a cancellation. They began yelling and cursing at us for even asking. They claimed that all the material had been cut even though we saw the fabric roll sitting in the same place we had left it. When I called my credit card minutes after we left, I found that they had already charged my card, even though they had said they were just holding our credit card number to charge AFTER we picked up the suit. The next day I tried using my credit card and it was denied. When i called my credit card to see what the problem was, I found out that Sam's Tailor had charged it 2 more times, once under a "no vendor" claim. I believe they would have charged me more had my credit limit not been reached.

They are well known because they are considered a "designer" tailor. But we went to Shaniele Custom Tailor in Tsim Sha Tsui on Nathan Road, which is on the same block - a couple stores away, and they provided excellent service. We purchased a total of 3 suits and several shirts. The quality is excellent. We would highly recommend them for good quality, good customer service, and a reasonable price.

10. Re: kowloon tailor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 25, 2009