We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui- where exactly?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
reviews: 12
Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui- where exactly?

Hi, we are going to HK this July and would love to eat at Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui, but I forgot exactly where. The small shop sells hot and cold red bean soup, sesame soup, almond soup, etc. and I really love those desserts! All I can remember is that it's walking distance from Marco Polo Gateway. Please help, thanks!

Xiamen, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 8
1. Re: Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui- where exactly?

There is Sweet Dynasty Restaurant right across from MP Prince, but it is not a SMALL shop.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 14
2. Re: Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui- where exactly?

Hi all! Why didn’t I hear about this Sweet Dessert Store before? :(

Cheerful Mama, if you're into desserts, I just got back from a quick Hong Kong vacation last week. Like most of my HK travels, it’s basically a food trip! I've learned a lot of good stuff that we'd normally ignore when going to Hong Kong (well, will write a lengthy one on that soon), thanks to the Hong Kong experts of course!

Anyway, check out Honeymoon Desserts. They have similar hot and cold items too. Thanks to the posts, I found this rather inexpensive dessert fix easily! My first taste was at their new branch in Ngong Ping theme village after the 25minute cable car ride. Its just there located in those rows of restos.

You'd love their mango pancake (thin layer of mango folded around a heavenly pillow of cream, containing a fresh piece of mango within), and if you're the adventurous type like me, the durian pancake! Heaven! I may be crazy, but yes, I brought home to Manila 8 mango and 8 durian pancakes in a cooler, checked in!

Their main branch is in Sai Kung; too bad I wasn’t able to visit the place.

But if you're staying in TST, I easily found two branches close by! (We stayed at the Kowloon Hotel behind YMCA and the Pen). There's a branch at the basement of Silvercord, and there’s one also at the food court in level 3 of Harbour City - yep, the one near City super. We also went to Times Square in Causeway Bay, and found one in the basement. During our quick shopping stop in Mongkok, there's another one in Langham Place! :) They have a lot of simple looking desserts, but they taste really good.

Another must dessert stop for you if you like those hot and cold types would be Hui Lau Shan. For more than a year, my visits to Hong Kong (and in a slightly more expensive Singapore) aren’t complete without a stop at this highly addicting dessert place. They have different kinds of fruit desserts on fruit shakes, some with sago (tapioca), or birds nest, or plain but yummy fruit juice with one or more flavors, beautifully prepared. There's one right at the arrival area beside a ramen shop, just near the middle escalator between halls A and B at the airport. We ate there upon arrival at about 11am as soon as we got out, and then on our way home to the Philippines, after checking in our luggage at the airport express counter in Kowloon, we had a quick stop again at the arrival hall before going up to the departure area. I miss it already. In TST, they have a branch near Silvercord too, though a rather busy one.

I went there for take out and ate the stuff during my last night while packing my things.

Anyway, just two options for your quick dessert fix. :)

Philippines
reviews: 12
3. Re: Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui- where exactly?

Impulsetraveller, thank you so much for the dessert tips! Can't wait to go to HK... but I've to wait til July pa!! I read your other post regarding the Serrdura cups--- uhm, what is it exactly? Funny incident at Mongkok when you went there only to see that the dessert shop's a store shop already haha! I'll be bringing a cooler to HK in July to do what you did- take home the crepes though I haven't tried them, but I'm sure it will be a hit! Thanks :)

4. Re: Sweet Dessert Store in Tsim Sha Tsui- where exactly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 30, 2009