We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

Which Chongqing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

Hi, I'm about to book a Century paragon cruise ticket from this company, and their prices are lower than the other agencies on the internet. So I'm wondering if the service quality on board is the same? Has anyone booked a cruise from them?

Or any other suggestions for me? Thank you all in advance!

18 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 52
1. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

We booked a cruise on the Century Diamond through them last November and were very satisfied. The tour operator was Judy Chen, who was highly responsive in answering questions via email in the weeks leading up to the cruise, as well as a telephone inquiry that we made while in China a few days before we boarded.

Not sure what you mean about the standard of the services on board. So far as I could determine all passegers on the ship received identical service, directly from the staff of the Century Diamond. (I've got a review posted elsewhere about our cruise, which I wrote up when it was fresher in my mind.)

Edited: 5:18 pm, March 29, 2013
Chengdu, China
2. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

I booked Century Paragon withhttp://www.yangtze-river-cruises.com/ to cruise its maiden voyage on Mar. 19. The operator was May, an enthusiastic consultant, and even helped us to visit Beijing, Xian, Shanghai & Chengdu.

Century Paragon now is trying to bring the European River cruise standard to Yangtze River, the service on this cruise was awesome. You could surely cruise this new ship.

One thing still needed to mention here the Century Paragon is the top family-friendly cruise. If you are a family with two adults and 1 or 2 child, the two beds can be connected to be one king bed, while the sofa can be drawed out for an extra bed. Besides, there is a curtain to between the king bed and the extra bed.

Edited: 4:36 am, April 21, 2013
USA
reviews: 216
3. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

My wife and I just completed a cruise with Century Paragon from May 10 to May 14 from YiChang to Chingqing. It was a wonderful experience. The staff members were very helpful. We were the first ones to check in because we were on our own without any tour agent, and we went to the ship early, and they allowed us to check in early. We have an executive suite, and there is a separate executive administrative desk on the 5th level where our room is located. The executive section has coffee, cookies 24 hours a day, and they took care of our needs wonderfully. We also have a separate dinning area where the ambience is much nicer than the second floor dinning area. The only problem is that the cook is good in preparing Chinese food, but not so with Western dishes. And so if you eats only Western meals, you may not be satisfied with the level of food quality. On the whole, we did enjoy our cruise very much. Hope that the information is useful to you.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
4. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

Does anyone know one of the tour operators called Bruce Tang?

Chengdu, China
5. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

Last time when I visited Chengdu, I have met my Yangtze cruise operator May in her office. She introduced her colleague to me, and there was a guy called Bruce. It is said he is one of the best tour operators in yangtze-river-cruises.com

South Pasadena
6. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

My hushand and I are interested in river cruising. This Sept. I will do it in China for the dam sounds interesting. Lots of you are talking about Century Paragon, and any else cruise ships to recommend?

South Pasadena
7. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

I planned to take the Yangtze River cruise with my family this Sept. But this June, I got a chance to do a business trip in China. After some tiring days in Chengdu, I would like to relax, so I chose to do a river cruise on Yangtze. This was my first time to visit Yangtze, and it was also a perfect trip.

I booked through yangtze-river-cruises.com with Jessie Wang, a professional and reliable cruise agent. After checking my date on Yangtze, I chose cruise ship Victoria Anna – 4 days and 3 nights from Chongqing to Yichang.

With 2-hour D-train to Chongqing from Chengdu, I got to Chongqing North Railway Station. Then I visit Eling Park and Three Gorges Museum with the local guide. My cruise is docked on Chongqing Chaotianmen Pier, getting there was not difficult. Looking from Chaotianmen Square, I could see where my cruise located. The crew has already waiting for you outside the cruise – friendly and smiling. The dock was a set of very steep stairs a floating walk bringing you to the middle of the river where Victoria Anna is docked. There were some private porters offering to carry my bags with no more than 15 Yuan per bag. Once entered the ship, you were in another world. Greeted by the warm crew who spoke English, checked in just in a few minutes, and the staff showed you where your cabin located. I should say Victoria Anna is a clean and comfortable cruise and highly recommended.

My cabin was No. 303. It was a standard cabin shared with another member. I had a great time to talk with my mate. There was a shower and a bathtub in the bathroom, shampoo included. I also got a hair dryer and a safe. The good thing about Victoria Anna is that every cabin has a small balcony, enough for two chairs and a table. Every morning and evening, I spent some quiet time on the balcony just looking at the sights.

Food was good. There were lots of options for every meal. Our table was composed of 8 persons from different countries. On day three, the dinner was served by Chinese table. All the visitors had meals together and toasted. The boat even celebrated the birthday for several visitors and offered every table a beautiful cake. Very happy and lively! I enjoyed the great time with others. At this moment, we just like a big family celebrating together.

The evening entertainments were lots of fun. All the activities were performed by the crew members. I think they are professional. Actually, I like the tour guide on our ship, he is smiling all the time and very experienced. From Qutang Gorge to Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge, the guide gave us fantastic interpretation. I have seen Goddess Peak and hanging coffin (just one).

The shore excursions were good. I did Fengdu Ghost City, White Emperor City, Shennong Stream and Three Gorges Dam. I missed Shibaozhai Pagoda for I wanted to have a rest in my cabin. The stairs in Fengdu is a lot! We climbed and climbed till to the top. A little bit tired that day. But I like the ghost & culture there.

I waited for about 2 hours and finally saw the five-stage ship locks. It took 4 hours to pass through. The guide told us that the cargo ship under 3000 tons would be carried by elevators to pass the locks just in 40 minutes in the year 2015. At that time, I would like to come again.

The last day around 12:00, our boat arrived at Yichang New Century Pier. After having lunch onboard, it was time to leave the ship. All the crew members waved goodbye and said “Zaijian”.

The experience on Yangtze was awesome. The scenery of Three Gorges was spectacular. The service onboard was personalized. Next time I will like to take my family to Yangtze and surely will contact yangtze-river-cruises.com again.

8. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, August 12, 2013

Sydney
reviews: 7
9. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

Hi, I was reading you have taken the Century Paragon maiden voyage, can you recommend this cruise ? I am looking at the Executive suites as my family do not like large crowds (as this ship takes 400pax) so this will enable the use of the VIP restaurant and also I'm comparing this to the Yangtze explorer which has a max of 124pax.....do you have any advise please ?

Also I was looking at the company you booked through(yangtze river cruises), are they based in Chengdu and are they also affiliated with China Discovery and Tibet Discovery ? as I would also like to book airfares and tours as you have in Chengdu/Xian/Guilin/Beijing and not sure about trusting a booking over the internet......any help with the above would be a fantastic help to me. Kind regards Michelle from Sydney.

Brisbane...
reviews: 6
10. Re: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?

I'm also planning to book through this company for a cruise on the Century Paragon and Chongqing tour. Does anyone have any recent feedback?I'm nervous about wiring them the money. They also said I just show my passport at the boat- no ticket required.

Reply to: yangtze-river-cruises.com in Chongqing?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted