We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What type of shoes to wear?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
reviews: 10
What type of shoes to wear?

Hi fellow travelers,

I will be in Beijing on Dec 27-29.

I heard its freezing cold.

What is the best type of shoes or boots for this weather?

For a male.

I'm from Miami and its always warm here, so I'm clueless when it comes to this.

Last time I wore Timberlands boots and my feet was still very cold.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 12
1. Re: What type of shoes to wear?

I think Timberland boots are pretty ok. My husband wears those and clomps around Beijing right now. What you do need however, are good thick wool socks. You can get those in Beijing at a fairly low price but come prepared with at least a pair! What one of my friends from the tropics did was wear 2 pairs of socks... strange and a tad uncomfy but it works.

You can also look for tiny self-heating packs that slip into your pockets/ shoes. They are flat, about the size of a Motorola Razor phone (smaller maybe) and heat up once you tear open the plastic wrapper. There are usage instructions in English. You can find them at Watsons outlets. There's one at Wangfujing's Oriental Plaza, basement level.

Have fun in Beijing

Nowra, Australia
reviews: 15
2. Re: What type of shoes to wear?

Hi just got back from Beijing last week

We bought new boots (being in Australia its warm here too) but we bought hiking boots (Altitude by HI-TEC ) that are leather and waterproof. Teamed with wool socks (we bought them here in Oz at a camping shop) our feet stayed warm and dry :)

blackpool, u.k.
reviews: 17
3. Re: What type of shoes to wear?

how much were the shoes? can you remember thename of the shop / area? am gonna be in beijing over xmas and new year.......

Nowra, Australia
reviews: 15
4. Re: What type of shoes to wear?

I bought my boots in Australia - for about $AU 200. Don't know about Beijing...

5. Re: What type of shoes to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 19, 2009