We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get the best rates?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philippines
How to get the best rates?

I'm travelling to Beijing this December 19-24 and I'm planning on staying at either the Grand Hyatt or the Peninsula Beijing. My question is, how will I be able to get the best rates for either hotel?

Shanghai
reviews: 1
1. Re: How to get the best rates?

Flash your Platinum American Express

philippines
2. Re: How to get the best rates?

Flash my platinum american express? Will that avail me of discounts?

How many percent? Also, is it better to book early or should I wait until the last few days before my trip?

Makati, Philippines
reviews: 56
3. Re: How to get the best rates?

I used to do that...but sometimes flashing your Platinum Amex could get you more than what you bargained for...if you know what I mean.

:-)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
4. Re: How to get the best rates?

>>Flash my platinum american express?

for the peninsula, booked thru AMEX: A room upgrade when available, upon check-in; Daily continental breakfast for you and a guest; Guaranteed four o'clock p.m. late check-out; Complimentary formal afternoon tea service for up to two people per room, once during your stay.

philippines
5. Re: How to get the best rates?

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Also, would it be cheaper to book the hotel weeks in advance, a few days before or should I just walk in?

philippines
6. Re: How to get the best rates?

Actually closetconundrums, I don't know what you mean. Maybe I'm being naive. Are there secret charges to using amex platinum?

Makati, Philippines
7. Re: How to get the best rates?

not really, I mean one time i tried doing that in Shanghai (won't say the hotel's name) next think I knew I got a call for "services". It wasn't the best hotel in Shanghai...so there...

By the was I found a website that offered Beijing Peninsula for 142 US inclusive of tax, thats about about 70 dollars cheaper than getting it from the hotel website. even their superior deluxe (im thinking this is the Grand deluxe) is 175 or something.

I'm thinking of just booking thru them.

philippines
8. Re: How to get the best rates?

Ohh!!! Haha! I thought of that but I just wasn't sure. Anyway, what website quoted you US$145? That's a really good deal!

Makati, Philippines
9. Re: How to get the best rates?

i dont think pwede i post here, you can email me closetconundrums@gmail.com

10. Re: How to get the best rates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 22, 2009