We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights in China

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 41
Internal flights in China

Can anyone who has done internal flights within China alone tell

me if this is an easy thing to do-finding taxis, reading boards, finding gates etc. All help gratefully received!!

Chicago
reviews: 52
1. Re: Internal flights in China

During my recent visit to Shangha, I found that strret signs as well as airport signs were in both Mandarin as well as English.

However, that applies to the major cities.

Always write out your destination on your hotel card in Chinese, to show whomever where you want to go.

Guangzhou China
2. Re: Internal flights in China

Shabbychic

Internal flights are easy if you can speak Chinese because with few exceptions once you leave the major cities finding a good english speaker to make the bookings on your behalf may be difficult. I recommend booking at home or finding a CITS office in China (not cheapest option though) and making bookings through them

Most of the major destinations have a shuttle bus at the airport and I would take this option all of the time rather than a taxi and if you do take a taxi make sure it has a meter and travel with the meter engaged, quoted jobs are always more expensive.

Before you leave home please pack some good sunscreen insect repellant, a chinese menu wriiern in Mandarin and english so you will know what you are ordering a travel book eg Lonely Planet

Good luck

Lucky Aussie

Shanghai
reviews: 1
3. Re: Internal flights in China

Like 98% of tourists to China you will be visiting the major tourist sites, all of those have written English signs, staff at counter where you can ask for directions and if you use the same common sense that you would use in your own city it will all be fine.

If you go to the taxi que, in all major cities their is a person who knows the hotel names in English and he will repeat it to the taxi driver.

I agree a good travel book, recent or latest edition only, is worth every cent you pay for it.

4. Re: Internal flights in China

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 15, 2009