We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best location near Airport?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Where is the best location near Airport?

Where is the best location near Beijing International Airport that has good shopping area (like malls / night markets) and good food?

Which recommended hotel should I stay near Beijing International Airport?

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
1. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

There isn't much around the airport and the few hotels there are more expensive. you need to go to town but you can stay in the east part of the city so that you are near the airport while still have some life with restaurants and shopping. Check in the Wangjing district for example.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

How far is the Airport to Wangjing district?

Can I get there by cab?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 53
3. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

sure you can get there by cab. around 30 mins.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 9
4. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

Re your previous threads, seem you’ll arrive at 06:05.

I’ll suggest stay at Dongzhimen area.

By Airport Express Metro that starting in 06:20 at T3 and 06:35 at T2 with each 10min interval, ¥25pp, journey time 90min.

For backpackers, accommodation around ¥100~¥200 in this area.

You’ll search Google Map what will nearby such as night market, restaurant, mall, ….

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
5. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

So now you are staying in Beijing instead of just transiting? How long will you be in Beijing? Just for one night? What time do you arrive and what time for the flight out?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 82
6. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

A cab to Wangfujing may take a lot longer depending on the time of day and road conditions. OP should read Top Questions and do some basic research before seeking further advice. I believe they have two stopovers, TSS, and this is about a 23 hr one. Where the OP decides to stay should be influenced mostly by what they want to see and do in the transit time available.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
7. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

Qup - that was Wangjing not Wangfujing.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 82
8. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

That'll confuse her more than me :) You'll be lucky to get a cabbie who's happy about going that distance.

Well, unless it's a really awkward schedule, I'd suggest the OP stays in town - close to what she wants to see and do.

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

Oh just an update. I guess we are all confused. Haha.

Well, from SIN to PEK, I have about 9 hours layover which means I will be reaching PEK at 0605 and then flying off on the same day at 1540. So for that, I have set to go to Mutianyu Wall via a cab service that I have booked.

And coming back from SFO to PEK on 8 May, I have about 23hrs layover. I will reach PEK at 1755 and flying back to SIN the next day at 1545. So since we will be arriving at night, I was wondering which area should we stay with the good amount of last minute shopping for souvenirs and good food. :))

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: Where is the best location near Airport?

Quick question. What is OP?