We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Beijing in winter report

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nevada
reviews: 2
Traveling to Beijing in winter report

I have to say I had many concerns about the timing of our trip to China. I was worried about the bitter cold and how the short days that might not allow enough time to sight see.

After buying my kids new smart wool, gloves and boots for Christmas, we were blessed with mostly blue skies and incredible weather! My kids say I made them way over pack, but I say we were blessed.

However the reason I am writing this is to share with people how wonderful it is to travel in the winter to Beijing (other than holiday periods) because there is no crowds! Many attractions and museums we practically had to ourselves.

No waiting in line, we easily got tickets, reservations and found a super driver to the wall for the next day without notice (John Yellowcard). I am sure that does not happen during high season!

Also many garden- park areas have such interesting rock-stone formations that seeing them in winter is very cool. Beijing seemed to me a city that gets an early start to its day. As soon as the sun was up, people were at work and play. Believe me by the time the sun went down I was tire and wished I had not made so many nighttime plans!

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 82
1. Re: Traveling to Beijing in winter report

It has been a very mild winter (so far) this year. Please write reviews where you think your experience may help others thinking of travelling out of season.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
2. Re: Traveling to Beijing in winter report

Good for you and thanks for reporting back. Good that you even had the blue skies.

Wales
reviews: 87
3. Re: Traveling to Beijing in winter report

I also loved Beijing last winter (12/13). I am unsure whether it was average temperature or not for the time of year but it was lovely sharing the sights with local people as oppose to herds and herds of tourists.

Off season travel FTW!

4. Re: Traveling to Beijing in winter report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 01, 2015