We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

download pics at local photo store?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
download pics at local photo store?

i would assume these would be available. i only want to bring 1 memory card with me to china. i did this in europe and we were able to stop at different places and download pics.

can someone confirm this?

- shanghai

-xian

-beijing

thanks a millon... fellow tripadvisors

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
1. Re: download pics at local photo store?

I know I did this in Beijing. I think the photo shops will normally have card readers so it shouldn't be a problem. In the worst case, you should be able to get more memory cards for a decent price.

NY
2. Re: download pics at local photo store?

Does this mean you are able to download pictures onto a DVD or a CD? Are these services quite expensive? That would be excellent! If not, I was planning to get a 4GB memory card, but that costs a lot for one trip!

NY
3. Re: download pics at local photo store?

Does this mean you are able to download pictures onto a DVD or a CD? Are these services quite expensive? That would be excellent! If not, I was planning to get a 4GB memory card, but that costs a lot for one trip!

California
4. Re: download pics at local photo store?

thanks local beijing expert. YEAHHHHHHHH

in europe (sweden, russia, germany), it ran between $5-10 to get pics downloaded on a cd. very quick and easy.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
5. Re: download pics at local photo store?

You can have them put your photos on a CD cheap. I'm not sure the exact cost, but it isn't that much. Some shops will be more helpful than others, so it may be necessary to visit more than one. There are tons of Kodak shops, though, so this shouldn't be a huge problem.

Shanghai, China
6. Re: download pics at local photo store?

The Kodak shop that I use regularly in Shanghai does the job in 10 mins for only 10 RMB. :)