We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
reviews: 14
Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

Many tourist companies have guide with driver for extra fees. I got one gentleman contact info in Xian from Jean and Mac (TA experts) recommendation and we booked it. We don’t need guide for many areas that we are going to visiting. We are planning to visit there early January. Thanks.

xi an
reviews: 6
1. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

it is depend on how long you need driver and how far will you go .because drivers charges by distance and hours .

just tell driver the details .then ask for better price .it is better no shop stops during the tour .

hope this can help

michael yang

Magog, Canada
reviews: 550
2. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

Not sure what your question is. The price of a driver in Beijing? You only need one to go to the Wall and that would be 600 to 700RMB.

New York City, New...
3. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

You should ask the fee before hiring a driver.

OKC
reviews: 14
4. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

Thanks again Jean. I was looking for average rate in Beijing. Which wall maybe good to see in January, since it will be very cold.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 82
5. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

Great advice #3, I wouldn't have thought of that...

Average rate? Depends where you are going. Presumably you're going to Great Wall so check out Top Questions and see what appeals. They are all outside.

Xi'an, China
6. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

That's right, just depend on the itinerary and route of your local tour, that's not same cost for airport pick up/drop off and train station pick up/drop off. as all airport are bit far from down town. some sites are bit far from down town, some are just located down town. so you need to give them the details of your plan .

Beijing, China
7. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

City tour: 400-600 Yuan 8 hours, depending on the condition and brand of the car, as well as whether it is legal or illegal

Great Wall: 500-900 Yuan 8 hours, depending on the section of the Wall you are heading to, and who pays the toll fee

I am talking about the normal sedan car like red flag, passat, Sonata and some other budget car. If you wanna use fancy cars like Audi and Benz, the price would be double, triple or even more.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 82
8. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

Pretty much a waste of time and certainly money to hire a car for getting around Beijing city. The only reason for considering this arrangement is if you have mobility issues. I'd be interested to know how the above defines this legal/illegal qualifier and how that impacts upon price - seems to me to be somewhat fussy. Also, this issue of 'who pays the toll fees' is nonsense. You contract, verbally or in writing, for a single price inclusive of all charges. Any service provided who has add-ons like fuel charges, road tolls, parking fees, tips, waiting time etc. etc. is just scamming you. It's a very simple matter of getting a quote for where you want to go.

9. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:40 pm, November 24, 2013
Beijing, China
10. Re: Daily rate for English speaking driver in Beijing

It just depends on what do you care and want the most: money or comfort. Virtually people could walk around the whole city with a good mobility except the Summer Palace which could be reached by subway. And people would also spend quite a long time to find a cab nearby the North Gate of the Forbidden City, especially for the one who doesn't want to pay a little bit more. Because most of the cabs parking there, they charge by destination instead of meters.

Travelling to Beijing is different from living there. If your budget is enough, it is better to have your own car. So you don't need to queue for a taxi which would take qutie a long time depending on the location and weather. Subway is a nightmare in rush hour. Summer is hot, winter is cold, and there is AC in the car. Communication is actually another big part of trouble, sometimes it is going to cost a lot of time and money if you encount a mentally-handicapped cabbie or they just pretend to be. Your own driver will always drop you off somewhere for your convinence and his. Also, you could have the opportunity to have an in depth conversion with the local people which is regarded as a pretty important part of traveling for "most" people. It has nothing to do with mobility, just money and comfort. It is the same liking eating out, most people don't eat out all the time. They try something better and a little bit more expensive occasionally just to enjoy life. And they leave a little bit more for good food and service.

As for legal or illegal things, please PM me for details, cause it is a little bit inappropriate to talk about it here.

I want to go to the Beijing Capital Airport. So who should pay the toll fee? Cab driver???????

It is better to make all things clear before settling down a price especially in a different country with different culture, just in case any misunderstanding or trouble which would spoil your mood.

Enjoy your trip in Beijing with your own car!