We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
海外
reviews: 17
Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

Hello,

I will be in Haidian district in Beijing China next week.

I am looking for a Kinko's like place in the area for printing jobs. Kinko's do not have locations in the area. I need to make copies/printing for about 300 pages, using comb binding (or similar where the booklet can lay flat), make about 25 presentation booklets. Would like a clear cover and a black thick paper or plastic sheet for a back cover on each books. On another thread someone recommended this place for printing business cards in 2007.

Alphagraphics

tel:010-65052909.

Fax:65052908

address:China World Hotel 3F

Is this place good for the job I'm looking to do or does anyone have a suggestion where I should go? I'm hoping to find a place that is trust worthy and can do the job in a couple of hours.

Thank you in advance!

10 replies to this topic
Magog, Canada
reviews: 551
1. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

China World is nowhere near Haidian though. Opposite end of town.

海外
2. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

Hello Jean-Pierre D.

Thank you for the input. It looks like China World is 30 min. taxi ride from our hotel in Haidian. If there is no other printing places are in Haidian, I figured knowing one place even if it's far is better than none.

If anyone knows of a Kinko's like printing place, I would appreciate it letting me know. Many thanks!

Magog, Canada
reviews: 551
3. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

30 minutes by taxi is very optimistic. Better choose the time of day carefully.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
4. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

I can't name a specific place (there USED to be an actual Kinkos) but print places are pretty common. I print things like you describe all the time in random hole-in-the-wall shops. I would say, just ask directions for the neighborhood print shop in your hotel. As language might be a barrier, it would probably help if you have a sample.

beijing
reviews: 5
5. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

There are plenty of places in Haidian, it's a university district! Unfortunately I can't give you recommendations from first-hand experience since that's not my area of town, but as said above, ask at your hotel and they'll point you to a place. Most of them are mom-and-pop or local chains but for this kind of thing they can do work equally good to Kinko's. It would be good to have a sample if you don't speak Chinese, and hotel concierge can write down in characters the color/cover requirements and materials to make sure you get what you want. Nearly all places work with electronic files so make sure you have a thumb drive with your files on it, preferably formatted for metric sizing (A4, A3, etc.) This one might work for you, I think they are open 24/7:

Modern office 现代办公

#502 Wudaokou Huaqingshangwuhuiguan, Haidian

海淀区五道口华清商务会馆 502

Believe me, it's neither desirable nor necessary to go over from Haidian to the China World part of town just for printing. It's at least an hour by taxi and even by subway, into some of the most congested traffic in Beijing.

海外
6. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

Thank you so much! I am so relieved to hear that there are many printing places. I asked the hotel but they haven't gotten back to me for a specific place yet. Hope all these places are open late on weekdays and weekends. I have never been to China so I did not know what to expect. Thank you for the response.

Vancouver, Canada
7. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

There are lots of really small print shops on the street, just get someone who speaks Chinese.

If that's hard, just type 打印店 (dayindian) into Google Maps (or Baidu)

No guarantee for the print quality though... most are mom and pop ones. And no Fedex inside for sure, courier pickups are much more available in Beijing though

海外
8. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

Hi JohoCarto,

Thank you for the info! I am going there in a couple of days so my unknown about printing places in Haidian will be answered soon.

I appreciate everyone answering my questions.

Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

I don’t know exactly the shop but there are a lot of shops there on the street and hope so after seeing it all, you will find whatever you are looking for

海外
10. Re: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?

Hi CereusGraphics,

Thank you for the reply. I made the trip and was able to find a small printing shop. Communication was challenging but I managed to get the work done. Thank you!

Reply to: Any Kinko's like printing shop in Haidian district/Beijing?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted