We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

We will be staying at Novotel Beijing Xinqiao Hotel next week. Does anybody know which Walmart or Carrefour branch is accessible by subway and which station is that?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 82
1. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

The only one I know is southeast of Tiantongyuan South station, which would be about an hour's journey from your hotel in total. Is there any good reason for wanting these particular supermarkets?

beijing
reviews: 5
2. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

There's a Carrefour not far from you on Guangqumen Blvd inside the East Second Ring Road, but it would be easiest to cross Chongwenmen West Street in front of the hotel to catch Bus #8 heading east. It will make a few turns but shouldn't take more than about 10-15 minutes to get there depending on traffic. I think the Anhualou stop is not far from the entrance. Your hotel can point you to the right bus stop and tell you where to get off. Bus stops are announced as you go in Chinese and English and/or have scrolling signs telling you the next stop, also in Chinese and English. Closest subway is Line 5 Ciqikou (one stop south of Chongwenmen by your hotel), but then you'd have to walk east about 1 km.

Closest Walmart is slightly farther away, head west on Line 2 to Xuanwumen stop, Exit G (far Southeast). Walk south along Xuanwumen Outer Road about 0.5 km. You'll pass a bunch of banks before you get to it, it will be on your (east) side of street.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 15
3. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

I think the Carrefour in Zhongguancun (Line 4) is near the subway station. There's also a Walmart beside Zhicunlu (Line 13).

beijing
4. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

#3 it makes no sense for anybody staying at the Novotel Xinqiao to go to the locations you suggested.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 6
5. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

There is a Lotte Mart at the Glory Mall that is within walking distance of your hotel. It is also at the Chongwenmen subway stop. It is a Korean wal mart like store.

beijing
6. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

Agree that there are other department and grocery stores much closer to his hotel than Wal-Mart and Carrefour. Not sure if for what OP is looking for, it is even necessary to go to WM or CF.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

#6, I don't mind travelling to those places that #3 suggested, which is near subway, provided I have the time. Nothing in particular I am looking for, but I enjoy shopping at these places which I had tried in Shenzhen.

#5, I know where is Glory Mall, will visit the Korean Wal mart that you mentioned during my next visit. Thanks for the new idea.

beijing
8. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

#7, heh. You'll change your tune when you see Beijing distance and hassle, even if these places are on a subway. Doesn't help so much if the subway ride with transfers ends up being an hour each way. Geographic proximity is key.

Hopefully you will find Beijing has much more fascinating ways to keep your time occupied than shopping at Walmarts, Carrefours, and Korean (or other nationality) versions thereof. Shenzhen has nothing much to do except shop--Beijing is quite a bit different.

Edited: 2:32 pm, July 27, 2013
Magog, Canada
reviews: 551
9. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

It would not make sense to go to Zhongguancun which is quite far when there are others closer.

10. Re: Walmart / Carrefour near a subway station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 29, 2014