We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

c trip info

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 171
c trip info

What personal info and financial info does ctrip usually require from foreigners to complete a booking and payment?

Is booking more then 1 person thru a ctrip account a mistake?

How reliable is c trip after a booking?

Would cancelling thru c trip be a problem?

Any other info in regards to ctrip experiences would be helpful.

Pg
reviews: 65
1. Re: c trip info

Just click in to CTRIP will know all,

basically, some booking needs payment by credit card.

They have their cancellation policy, should not have problem adhere to their rules.

They are reputable.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 34
2. Re: c trip info

I booked our air tickets through CTrip - the website itself was very user friendly and it was for two people. They did charge an additional 3% for using a credit card.

Boston...
3. Re: c trip info

I found the site to be user friendly also.My friend was unable to set up an account.

Unfortunately they required me and my friend to scan and send all sorts of personal info ,under the threat of cancellation.So now i am a bit worried,since the whole affair was lengthy with poor communication.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 34
4. Re: c trip info

hmm..what documents did they want scanned? We bought air tickets from Beijing to XIan and they did not ask for anything scanned. They did need id informaiton, and we will be required to show the passports at the airport to get boarding passes.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 607
5. Re: c trip info

It is the largest online travel agent in China which means one of the largest in the world.

What kind of info are you talking about. To book a ticket in China you need to provide your passport number, name and birthdate.

You can avoid the 3% surchage by using travelzen.com

Boston...
6. Re: c trip info

They demanded a scan of the passport,credit card ,and a signed credit card agreement scan.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 607
7. Re: c trip info

Yes, they sometimes ask for this.

Boston...
8. Re: c trip info

Thanx J P-this was the first time i had ever had that happen.Ofcourse the guy on the chat site stated that it was mandatory for all new international orders.

Boston...
9. Re: c trip info

I guess if you book thru ctrip, you may be awakened in the middle of the night by a call from ctrip .The operator will speak english poorly and state that your flights are under threat of cancellation in a few hours if you do not produce the scans they are requesting.Next you will have to respond to the numerous email requests they have sent and ither email or fax the scanned items.

10. Re: c trip info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2014