We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to reserve a hotel in Beijing?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
How to reserve a hotel in Beijing?

Which one is the best way to reserve a hotel in Beijing? If the hotel is not available through the web should I call in or use the hotel.china.org.cn or chinadiscounthotel? Any better way? Thanks.

Perth, Western...
reviews: 2
1. Re: How to reserve a hotel in Beijing?

The internet will get you the best rates. Whatever you do though, DO NOT STAY AT THE WANFUJING GRAND HOTEL in Beijing.

This is the review I posted on it.

We had booked the hotel on the internet, had confirmation of our booking of a premium room with views over Tiananmen Square for an 8.30am arrival. We arrived at the Wangfujing Grand Hotel after travelling all night only to be told we did not have a room. We showed them the confirmation of our booking. They said we would have to take a different room, but it was not ready, so we would have to wait in the lobby. We were very impressed since we had not slept all night and had a disastrous, seriously expensive trip from the airport. After an hour and 40 mins, Steve went up to the desk and asked what was happening. They said the cleaners were still working and we had to wait. About 15 minutes later we were allowed up to the room which was about a 2.5 star standard with cleaners still there. The room was filthy with scraps of screwed up paper still in there, the floor was not vaccumed and there was mould in the bathroom. The room itself was a box with our views over a carpark type rubbish dump. (We have pictures if anyone would like to see).

I sat on the bed and it felt like I had just dropped myself onto the floor it was so hard. But we were so tired, we laid on the bed. It had springs sticking out of it and was so hard that afterward we were both aching and I got a bruise on my knee from the spring as I was getting up. The mattress was covered in a single bed sheet which didn't even cover the top of it.

A Chinese friend of ours was arriving in Beijing at 2.00pm. We rang him and told him about the hotel, so he came and got us at 3.30pm that day. We checked out of the hotel, but they still charged us for an overnight stay saying we had been in the hotel since 8.30am - even though we were sitting in the lobby for 2 hours! They actually tried to charge us for the 5 nights we had booked. No apologies made for our experience either. In fact, they were extremely off-hand about it and were almost contemptuous toward us. The staff are extremely unprofessional. They also spoke very poor english, so we couldn't even really get our point across.

We went to the SHANGRI-LA HOTEL and had an absolutely perfect stay with them. What a contrast!