We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marco polo tours

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Pasadena...
reviews: 1
marco polo tours

My sister and I are considering a 10 day Groupon tour of China---from Shanghai to Beijing. Has anyone had any experience with Marco Polo Tours??

Chicago, Illinois
1. Re: marco polo tours

I was looking at the same groupon and can't find reviews for the tour group. If you do find something or end up booking, please post here - I'm seriously considering it!

South Pasadena...
2. Re: marco polo tours

I certainly will----but I have had no response to my inquiry.

Please let me know if you hear anything....

China
3. Re: marco polo tours

They offer group tours but not private tours, if you are interested in a group tour, there are Marco Polo Tours, Grand Circle Travel, Wendy Wu Tours, etc.

Good luck,

China Culture Tour

South Pasadena...
4. Re: marco polo tours

We are wondering about the quality of their tours.

We are contemplating an offering on Groupon. Can you help?

vancouver
reviews: 21
5. Re: marco polo tours

i am considering the same tour trough groupon from vancouver..don't seem to get any answer..people keep advising me that it is cheaper to do on my own which so far does not seem correct according to my calculations

any feed back i am also interested

Magog, Canada
reviews: 551
6. Re: marco polo tours

See my impressions in your other post.

vancouver
reviews: 21
7. Re: marco polo tours

Thanks i did check your reply ..and i have decided to do it on my own almost all the hotels and b+b's that i looked at offer private tours etc so i guess i will be ok.

8. Re: marco polo tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:38 am, January 26, 2013
9. Re: marco polo tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:38 am, January 26, 2013
Prince Rupert...
10. Re: marco polo tours

We went on the March Marco Polo tour using the Groupon. It was fabulous. Best hotels, excellent meals, excellent guides, great shopping, highway bus, high speed train, most important "must sees" included, and best of all, everything was included in the price except for one side tour (which was well worth taking, BTW). Marco Polo gave us terrific service and advice. Value for money is incredible and I can't imagine how the price is possible without some sort of Chinese government subsidy.

The tour gives you a really good cross-section of life in modern China, with a balance of history and culture. Maybe a little heavy on the classical gardens and short on free shopping time. But you are guaranteed to have a chance to purchase the best pearls, tea, silk, jade, and even traditional herbal medicines, if you are so inclined. You can spend Canadian or American dollars as easily as Chinese yuan. Take lots of cash as a backup to bank cards and credit cards because occasionally they won't work.

Do not hesitate to go! I am dying to go again. You need to be culturally sensitive and recognize that people there don't discuss human rights issues, although they are surprisingly frank about their history, social progress, and dreams for the future. They love us and want to be like us: witness KFCs everywhere, Coca Cola on every table, all the major multi-nationals represented. Food was excellent and plentiful although we missed coffee, dairy products and familiar fresh fruit - but after all you are looking for an authentic experience, or you might as well stay home.

Be prepared to use squat toilets and keep toilet paper in your pockets. Keep small denominations of Chinese currency in your pockets, too, if you have a soft heart when someone with no arms asks you for money. Have fun bartering! There are great deals in the streets wherever you go, but never pay the asking price. Have fun!