We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 46
Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

We hired Kong Lin as our driver on our trip to Beijing last week!! We had him for airport transfers as well as for a day trip to the great wall and the olympic area and also for a day of touring in the city prior to heading off to the aiprot!

We hired Kong Lin thru our guide VIolet. (he is her husband) He is also a Beijing licensed tour guide. He had a 7 seater van, Buick I think. Definatly a newer model.

Kong Lin was there watiting at the aiprot terminal, helped us with our luggage, had bottles of water to offer us and then we were off to the hotel.

His English is good and we enjoyed chatting with him on our arrival to Beijing.

Kong Lin was a pleasure to be around. The van is great, it fit our traveling party of 5 very comfortably. The price was reasonable and within range mentioned here on TA. Please contact him for your pricing, as it depends on where you are going, what you are doing. You'll see he has a very great rate though!

If your looking for an english speaking driver in Beijing contact Kong LIn via email!!! Kong LIn and Violet really helped us make our trip to Beijing so much better!!!!

Kung316@yahoo.com

Beijing, China
1. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

thanks

Edmonton Alberta
reviews: 21
2. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

Right after I posted my cry for help I saw this post. I have emailed Kong to see if he's avalible.

Thanks for the great update!

Singapore
reviews: 11
3. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

Can u let me know how much you pay for his services?

reviews: 46
4. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

His price varied a bit based on what you were doing. We had one price option for an airport transfer, one for a day ot the wall with a trip to the olympic area (over a 9 hour day) and one for a city tour with airport transfer. I think it's best to contact him with what you want him for, to find the price. It really all depends on what you are doing for the day!!! He was great!

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 51
5. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

We used Kong Lin in May 2012 and found him most pleasant, reliable and honest. He and his wife Violet collected us from the airport on our arrival in Beijing and delivered us safely to the apartment we had booked.

We also used Kong Lin to travel to the Great Wall and an Ancient village. He was able to book discounted seats for the Karate and Acrobatics shows.

What we found great about Kong Lin was his ability to communicate easily in English; he allows you to take your time at the tourist sites; he is most honest and reasonably priced; made some phone calls on our behalf; delivered my sunglasses I had left in his car the day before; and we also used him to take us back to the airport - its so much more convenient that way!

reviews: 15
6. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

How much did you pay for trip to Great Wall?

Johannesburg, South...
7. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

For Y700. we went to the Mutianyu section of the Wall, stopping first at a traditional Cloisonne factory and afterwards at a very good silk factory.

reviews: 15
8. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

Thank you . What were the Cloisonne factory and silk factory like?

Johannesburg, South...
9. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

If you are on a shopping spree and want the genuine things then these are the best places to buy them. U may see other places where the prices are lower, but then they are knock-offs. The cloisonne was otherwise interesting to see behind-the-scenes, and the silk factory was one of the bigger and better ones in Beijing for shopping selection.

reviews: 5
10. Re: Need a driver..............Kong Lin is your guy

I used violet as kong Lin was busy. And it was great. She was very patient as we travelled with a 1 year old and a 5 year old. My suggestion is if you are with kids , like us , 1 day great wall and summer palace. That's it. No more. The kids can't take it. Anther day would be then tienamen sq , forbidden city and the circus show.

I would recommend violet and kong Lin.