We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NorthFace knock offs

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 113
NorthFace knock offs

Anyone know a good place in Beijing to pick up a NorthFace style shell? I figure it'll be cool enough there in November to need a jacket and I'd rather not carry it around for two weeks traveling before I get there.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
1. Re: NorthFace knock offs

Either the Ya Xiu or Xiu Shui market will have cheap jackets of this type. Try for about 10% of the initial price offered.

'Xiu' is pronounced similar to 'show'

NY
2. Re: NorthFace knock offs

Are those streets easy to find? Can you give me an idea of where they are relative to some major tourist site?Thanks.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 157
3. Re: NorthFace knock offs

These are both indoor markets (the earlier version of Silk Alley market, Xiu Shui, was relocated indoors since I was last there). I can't remember the street for Ya Xiu, but both markets are well known, so staff at the hotel where you stay will know these and should be able to help give directions to a cab driver.

NY
4. Re: NorthFace knock offs

Thanks. That's a big help

Beijing, China
5. Re: NorthFace knock offs

Chas,

XuiShui is on Jingaomen. It located between two subway stops the Jingaomen and the Yong'anli. Yong'anli to me seems to be the closer one. It is about a 1\2 block walk. You would come out of the C exit, I believe. It will say Silk Market on the signs.

All the signs here say Yashow... is located on Gonti Bei LU... near the Worker's Stadium and Sanlitun. Yashow is not as nice as XuiShui as in terms of goods. But they have many different items which is refreshing. It is not as large either. They are about a 10RMB taxi ride between the two. I hope this helps.

Vancouver BC Canada
6. Re: NorthFace knock offs

North Face knock offs are in most of the markets. The Night Market, Russian, Pearl and Cotton. The hotel staff are usually very good and they will write the Chinese names of the markets out for you to give to the cab drivers. Be sure and ask them to write in Chinese which hotel you are staying at for your return trip

NY
7. Re: NorthFace knock offs

Thanks to all. I'm staying at the Prime Hotel and on the map it seems to be within walking distance to the Silk Market.

Canada
8. Re: NorthFace knock offs

Does anyone know if the Russian market still exists? From what I understand there is a 'new' Russian market? But where is it??