We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Mombasa

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 4
Hotel in Mombasa

We are going to the beach for three nights but I am considering adding on one night in Mombasa to visit Fort Jesus, Old Town and maybe even Heller Park.

Any recommendations for a hotel (or we could consider an apartment) at a convenient location for the places mentioned above?

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 4
11. Re: Hotel in Mombasa

Thank you so much Larissa for taking the time with such an extensive response. Based on all this I think we will definitely do it either en route from a hotel in Nyali Beach or we do it on the way back to the airport from Pinewood because we have a late flight. Definitely like the idea of not going back and forth and avoiding too much driving. Was not sure about leaving luggage with a taxi driver we do not know but yes with a personal recommendation it would be a great option. I will let you know if we need the contact. Again many thanks Larissa and everybody. This was very helpful.

Mombasa, Kenya
12. Re: Hotel in Mombasa

You are most welcome :)

Keep in mind that the market closes at 3 pm, but if you do not see it, you do not miss much to be honest. A few spices, some vanilla pods, the rest is like in Nairobi - fruit, veg, not very clean :)

Shops are usually open till 5-5.30 pm, Fort Jesus is open daily up to 6 pm. Walking in Old Town is safe, riding tuk tuk is fun! Within the Old Town it is 50 shillings a trip (not per person!)

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
13. Re: Hotel in Mombasa

Hello Larrisa, concerning priorite pass their is a van and two small cars of which one is based at the airport and diani the owner is Jeff if am not wrong as what i was told by one of his drivers.

Mombasa, Kenya
14. Re: Hotel in Mombasa

Jonesj_12, possibly :) I do not know them - good for them if they have it, I am sure this gives them quite a bit of work as this is a big advantage. I think you posted his number before, I will make a note - good to have extra contacts in any case.

Larissa

15. Re: Hotel in Mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014