We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senegal and The Gambia

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Senegal and The Gambia

I am visiting the above on a cruise next February and wondered whether it is really necessary to have all the jabs

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
11. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

In the days when we went on group safaris one of our fellow travellers asked if he would see penguins (in Tsavo). Still looking!

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
12. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

What, you mean you haven't seen the famous Sunbathing Penguins of Tsavo? ;-)

Nairobi, Kenya
13. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

I have, on more than one occasion, been asked if I speak African.

No, f*ckstick; do you speak European? (I'm not usually so impolite in my replies but after about the tenth time of asking it gets a bit wearing!)

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 70
14. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

LOL thats one I've heard before now Flo!!!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
15. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

Re Kangaroos

My mates delight in telling people about when my random word generator (occasionally a totally wrong, sometimes surreally so, unrelated word jumps out) kicked in while we were on safari.

We were driving towards a cluster of the flat-topped acacia trees and right in the middle of them stood a giraffe, its head and half its neck sticking up through and above the flat, table like canopy of the trees, it looked so strange I commented on it, unfortunately what came out was 'Look at that kangaroo in those trees', our lovely driver / guide didn't make it any better by chuckling and saying wisely, 'You need to go to India to see them'

Nairobi, Kenya
16. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

"LOL thats one I've heard before now Flo!!!"

Haha - I'm not remotely surprised, given the amount of times it gets asked! I think every single one of my mzungu or mhindi friends has suffered that one, and I've a feeling it's even made its way onto Facebook. Legendary!

Nairobi, Kenya
17. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

Doff - I actually laughed out loud at that one. That's one f*cking big kangaroo, excuse my language.

18. Re: Senegal and The Gambia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 15, 2013