We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Exeter, United...
reviews: 2
Tsavo Safari one night or two?

My wife and I plus two boys aged 7 and 12 are staying on diani beach late October for 2 weeks. We want to do a Safari but cant decide between two nights or one visiting both Tsavo East and West. Is it too much travelling for one night, dont want to be out of it through travelling too much in 2 days, is one night realistic or should we go for 2?

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Hi,

i would go for 2 nights and i am sure you won`t regret it.

You can stay in one place for 2 nights or you take one night in the Tsavo West and one in the Tsavo East (if doing that i would recommand to start with Tsavo West).

Visiting both parks with 1 night is to stressy and i would not recommand that.

Bye

Chrissy

Winchester, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

2 nights in Tsavo East, Satao Camp, the boys will love it.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
3. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

I would go for two nights in the tsavo east.The relatively short vegetation aids in easy spotting of wildlife as compared to tsavo west.

State College, Pa
reviews: 66
4. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Not been in Tsavo East but regardless strongly concur with idea of two nights. Why rush about?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
5. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Chris, I would also do two nights in the one lodge. It means you will be less tired from the drive from Diani to the lodge, and will be able to enjoy the game drives more. Also it will be a great experience for your boys.

If you can go to Tsavo East, your game viewing should be better.

Let us know what you do.

RWA

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

we did a 2 night 1 night in each park and tbh as much as it was an amazing experience i found myself exhausted and nodding off whilst on game drive, were going back again next year but have decided to do a 2 day 1 night, by the 3rd day we found it very repitive but as you will probably tell most people will tell you 2 nights is best it just depends how long you can do and i would defo suggest staying in tsavo east we stayed at the voi safari lodge was amazing with great views

wesy yorkshire
reviews: 7
7. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Hi 2 nights in same lodge, probably east, if you need reliable contact for good price drop me an e-mail, Enjoy

Mombasa, Kenya
8. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Hi

It is advisable to take 2 nights which so positive for your safari. If you want to take only 1 night then it is better you go to Tsavo west and then Tsavo east for a night and make a game drive the following day and then you check out to Mombasa.

9. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, September 01, 2012
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
10. Re: Tsavo Safari one night or two?

Jamos you should never post email addresses on public forums, especially not someone else's address

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa