We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Have just been informed by my doctors that I have to have Yellow Fever vaccination at a cost of £50 each and also must take Malarone tablets on prescription at a cost of about £69 each inc prescription.Can anyone give advice on where to get Malarone at the cheapest price,thankyou.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 11
1. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Hi Kalalam,

the cheapest Malerone is from

Travelpharm.com they cost £2:18 each vat exempt.

you need a private presciption from the doctor also ,

A lot of fuss but absolutly vital. the yellow fever vaccination will last for 10yrs

the sore arm 3 to 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ED

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 11
2. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

short footnote to the above ,

we purchased are malerone in February at a cost of £95.92 for a total of 44 tablets.

Dr`s prescription £26.00 for two.

I hope your GP is cheaper than ours.

ED

manchester
reviews: 9
3. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Hi

We got our yellow fever injections at the local hospitals travel clinic - cost £30 each, and the malarone tabs for £44 each for 22 tablets. Going to the travel clinic ment we didnt pay a private prescription charge. It pays to shop around. We live in manchester, uk.

hope this helps.

manchester
reviews: 9
4. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Hi again,

Forgot to mention neither myself or my husband suffered any side effects from the yellow fever injections, not even a sore arm, hope its the same for you.

London, United...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

I had all my jabs yesterday - yellow fever, Hep, dip and tetanus - and none of them hurt and today I don't even have a sore arm - just a slightly sore bank account.

Lex

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 45
6. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

I spoke to my family doctor today. He gave me a listing of all the shots I have had, ie tetanus, diptheria, polio...but recommended that I go to the travel clinic for the Africa innoculations. I will call tomorrow. Not sure how much my medical plan will cover, but keeping my fingers crossed.

east anglia
7. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

hello kalalam do shop around for prices on both the yellow fever and malarone tabs,our highest qoute for yellow fever was £58 but we managed to get it for £35 in the end.as for the malarone we first got them from the co-op pharmacy we didnt pay for my daughters tabs but they charged us £155 for 2 adults for 2 week course,any way we took them straight back the next day and demanded our money back,with a full refund we then got them from asda pharmacy for £96,tesco's is woth a look as well good luck..

we live in kettering/northampton area?

8. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Thanks for all the advice,I'm sure all this expense will be worthwhile,at least it lasts for 10 years !!

Leamington Spa...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

i think it is dusgusting how different the prices are

like i said on another post

local chemist £66.00 each

asda £50.52 each

i havent tried tesco yet

but why do they differ its the same tablet!!!

mica

10. Re: Yellow Fever/Malarone Tablets

Tesco in our area hasn't got a pharmacy-(Leicestershire),Asda is £50.52 per person for 23 days.