We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reigate, United...
reviews: 2
Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Came back from a fantasic honeymoon: Mombassa and Masai Mara.

Just wanted to post feedback on Freddy Muthengi Safaris who we booked the safari through. Pre-booked before making the trip over after having recommendations from other friends who have also booked through Freddy.

Great service, very friendly, flexibile, bends over backwards to make your trip memorable; met us on the day of arrival so that we could go through the itenerary and knew the safari was secured.

Recommend to anyone who would rather pay lower prices for a safari, wishes to book someone local as opposed to through a tour operator, and wants 100% peace of mind.

63 replies to this topic
Derby, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Just like you we have just truly had the holiday of a lifetime thanks to Freddys Safari - special thanks to Adie. We booked with Freddy safaris and are we glad we did. We had the expertise of Adie, our guide for 3 days in Tsavo East & West. The man was awesome, his knowledge astounding and his passion for the wildlife, birds and even the ants! was remarkable. For 3 wonderful days we saw Kenya in all it’s splendour. We paid a little extra for the 2 of us to travel in one of Freddy’s 4 X 4 vehicles on a private safari and it proved remarkable value for money. (Guests at our hotel had paid significantly more to be squashed in a people carrier with up to 9 others) Freddy’s jeep ensured we where able to travel everywhere and thanks to Adie’s tracking skills see everything.

If you are visiting Kenya we can not recommend Freddy’s Safari’s strongly enough, the service from Freddy from the initial email requesting information right through to the post holiday email was what faultless, the skills of our guide both as a tracker, driver, teacher and inspiration left us awe-struck resulting in a safari experience which we certainly hope to repeat. On reflection we wish we had spent the majority of our holiday on safari with a shorter beach break but we had not realised just how magnificent the experience would be.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FREDDY

Berlin
2. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

To be brutally honest this is blatant self appraisal... thats my opinion!

London, United...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Hi Alison how much was your safari, there will be 4 in our party and like the sound of the 4x4 and also your remarks on Freddies Safaris !

West Sussex
reviews: 3
4. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Sorry for my delayed reply. I have not been on trip advisor for quite a while.

For our safari, which included a private 4 x4 and 4 day safari (rs 010) we paid £700pp. It was worth every penny. I am sure that there are many safari companies offering great trips but isn't TA about giving our opinions of our experiences. I praise Freddy because I was more than happy with the service and safari provided. If I am ever fortunate enough to return to Kenya I will not hesitate in using Freddy Safaris again.

Derby, United...
5. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

I can assure you my husband and I live in derbyshire in the UK and my comments are sincere and genuine. I know it is unusual in this day and age to get an excellent service at a good price and hence our need to share this on trip advisor. I can only repeat my previous comments that it was truely wonderful and we are lucky to have met such an incredible guide as Adie. We are in the process of saving so we can return to spend our tenth wedding anniversary on safari and we will be booking with Freddy !

Derby, United...
6. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Hi think it was just over £300 per person but well worth it. We could choose our lodges and discussed what we wanted to do on the safari. We wanted to focus on the Big 5 as opposed to bird life - but in truth got both and more besides including background on tribes and Kenyan culture. Freddy is really helpful and we sourced the lodges from his website. It is woth doing Voi Lodge as you get very close to baboons and elephants at the water hole but check out the lodges to find what you want. Freddy will advise and help you in what ever you need just email him. Hope you have a wonderful time - if you get Adie as a driver you will learn so much and please say hello from us - Ali and Shane

wigan uk
reviews: 5
7. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

Do you have a website or contact address - we want to book at Mara Safari - can't find anything with ideas to prices

Thanks

Moscow, Russia
reviews: 41
8. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

We were completely satisfied with the way we discussed the safari with Freddy, changed the itinerary and lodges and with the way the safari was done with the help of our guide and driver Mr Aden.

My full review on Freddy Safaris Day Tour is at Mombasa -> Things to do section of tripadvisor. What we do appreciate most is the best among other top ranked agencis way of communication and the perfect organization of the whole trip.

Bristol, United...
9. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

This was the second time that we have used Freddy for a Safari.

Two years ago in 2009 myself and my wife came to Kenya for her 40th birthday.We had looked at the prices charged by leading Safari companies and found Freddy. We ended up having a private safari as it was coming towards the end of the season and enjoyed every minute.

This year we came back with our two sons aged 20 and 18 again we used Freddy and asked for our guide Aden who we had 2 years ago. Aden has a passion for wildlife and imparting his knowledge that is rarely seen and we again travelled in a 4X4 vehicle on our own. We fully enjoyed our 3 day trip to Tsavo east, west and to Amboselli. The selection of lodges and the overall price paid were excellent value for money.

We might even go again in the future to do a camping safari in the Masai Mara with - you guessed it Freddy! Highly recommended.

Bristol, United...
10. Re: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!

We had a fantastic time with Freddys Safaris. We took a 4 day / 3 night trip visiting West Tsavo, Amboseli and Taita Hills. Our guide Aden was fanstastic, not only his knowledge of the parks and wildlife but also the local towns and culture. Our family will have the memories of this trip for a lifetime. Thankyou. We would highly recommend Freddys Safaris for their professionalism and excellent value for money.

Edited: 6:03 pm, May 11, 2011
Reply to: Freddy Muthengi Safaris - Fanstastic!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted