We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel to Voi from Nairobi and back

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Almaden,California
Bus travel to Voi from Nairobi and back

Would anyone have information, recommendation oo fairly safe, reliable transport to Voi from Nairobi and back, for a American woman travelling alone? Information also on where I may obtain timetables in advance, or approximate times, etc?

Many Thanks.

Kolb��ck
1. Re: Bus travel to Voi from Nairobi and back

Hi Duma,

In June last year I (Swedish woman travelling alone) took the Akamba bus to Voi. It cost 400 shillings. I’ve spent many hours searching for Kenyan bus timetables. I don’t think it’s possible to find them, but it’s not really a problem – you can just ask at your hotel in Nairobi the same morning you’re leaving and they’ll find someone who can take you to a bus station. The Nairobi – Mombasa buses stop in Voi and there are several bus companies and departures every hour. The Akamba Bus Company is safe and reliable, though their departures are aprox. an hour late. The road is not that safe – the number of accidents is terrifying. The bus I travelled on was held up for an hour by armed men, but that doesn’t happen that often at daytime and they didn’t steal anything – they “only” took one of the passengers. This year I took an Akamba bus to Nakuru without problems.

Safari njema

Almaden,California
2. Re: Bus travel to Voi from Nairobi and back

Thank you, Nyamera.

Do you remember the approximate times of the return trip from Voi to Nairobi, how many times a day, etc..??

Asante,

Cherie

Kolb��ck
3. Re: Bus travel to Voi from Nairobi and back

Cherie, I went to Mombasa instead of returning to Nairobi and I don’t remember the times of the return trip, but the buses from Mombasa are stopping in Voi all the time (almost).

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa