We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Masai Mara.

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ST HELENS...
reviews: 8
Best time to visit Masai Mara.

I recently went to kenya, Diani and Masai Mara in September 2006.

I was told that that was the best time as it was during the migration.

When do the animals come back to the Mara.

Also where and when is the best time to see the baby animals.

What is the weather like when all the above happens.

Manchester, UK
1. Re: Best time to visit Masai Mara.

i have just come back from 2 weeks in kenya and the weather was hot, dry and perfect. went to masaii mara on safari after visiting a charity i work with in nakuru - saw lots of baby animals, including baby lions, cheetahs, elephants, rhino. Have been before in May and didnt see any baby animals, but did see countless grown adult animals! also, despite it being the rainy season in may the weather was hot and dry still!

worthing
reviews: 2
2. Re: Best time to visit Masai Mara.

For RachieB

I was so pleased to hear that someone has been to Masai Mara in May and that the weather was so good. I was beginning to think that I was only person to go in rainy season and was worried about weather. Where in Masai Mara did you stay? And who did you book with. We are going beginning of May and staying at Voyager.

3. Re: Best time to visit Masai Mara.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 21, 2009