We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton, UK
The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Hi,

I'm due to be staying at the new resort "The Cove Hotel" Kindo Beach, Kenya at the beginning of September for 9 nights.

As i'm aware they had a soft opening on the 3rd June 2006 for for 3 of Treehouses.

Has anyone stayed there yet and can give any feedback?

They got a few pics on the Q Holidays and Tropical Sky website's.

Any info would be appreciated

Staffordshire
reviews: 2
11. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Hello LW

Had a look at your excellent pics. we stayed at Governors previously, Il Moran camp and loved it fully intend to return soon

Mozzies/flies is good news especially if still the same end of Jan.

Happy with simple local food and don't expect great variety just good fresh local produce

As for which Treehouse in an ideal world edge of the beach with great views and the sun till 4 like yours would be good

Thank you for sharing information

Reading
12. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Hi all,

LW - Great to hear your news of the Cove Treehouses, as my wife and I are staying from the 22nd Jan for 14 nights (2 nights at the Sable and 3 day safari inbetween). Did you use the wireless internet at all ? How was the pool/bar etc ?

PS - You're pictures look wonderful.

London
13. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Cheers, im suprised myself how well the pics came out =)

There were three treehouses on the edge of the beach, and three set back... although ours had an uninturrupted view of the sea over the pool.

Ours was number 6, and the one we spent a few hours in was number 2, (set at the back, but the furthest away from the pool) so I assume that the ones on the beach are number 1,3 and 5 (if it follows a logical pattern).

2 1 <b

4 3 <e

6 5 <a

<c

<h

I suppose it wouldnt do any harm to email them in advance and ask for a particular treehouse (although it probably does depend on their schedule, but was full while we were there).

Wireless internet.... hmmm... I thought I had read somewhere that it had this... but I can assure you it doesnt (i asked), plus I had my laptop and there were no networks.

Pool was great, on the small side, but had nice seats so you could sit up the bar while in there. Its also a nice even depth, about 4-5 feet all the way through.

NTUK, we saw little governors when we did the ballon trip, looked great, can only imagine Il-Moran is even better! =)

UK
14. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Hi,

Great to here about the Cove Treehouses. We are staying there next August. the pcitures look fantastic.

I'd like to ask you about the beach and sea. I've noticed that the tide goes out quite a way. Is it fine to swim in the sea? And is the sand area comfortable and big enough to relax upon.

Thanks!!! J

Staffordshire
15. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

NTUK, we saw little governors when we did the ballon trip, looked great, can only imagine Il-Moran is even better! =)

When we return (which may be August) we will probably spend 2 nights at Little Governors and 2 nights at Il Moran

Little Governors is probably better for animal viewing from your tent and Il Moran is just beautiful

We made friends with an American couple we plan to meet there again, so nice to be in a land rover with someone that talks or doesn't talk at the same time you want to

I think when we go in August we will try Fuzi Keys for 4 nights unless the cove is so good we can't resist returning

I'll be on the tusker most of the time, but out of interest what's the wine like? South African I'm guessing, and is the likes of a G&T included in the all inc. rate these things vary so much

Thanks for all your information once more London

Staffordshire
16. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

When we return (which may be August) we will probably spend 2 nights at Little Governors and 2 nights at Il Moran

Little Governors is probably better for animal viewing from your tent and Il Moran is just beautiful

We made friends with an American couple we plan to meet there again, so nice to be in a land rover with someone that talks or doesn't talk at the same time you want to

I think when we go in August we will try Fuzi Keys for 4 nights unless the cove is so good we can't resist returning

I'll be on the tusker most of the time, but out of interest what's the wine like? South African I'm guessing, and is the likes of a G&T included in the all inc. rate these things vary so much

Thanks for all your information once more London

London, United...
reviews: 8
17. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Try:

www.qholidays.co.uk

www.toescapeto.com

www.tropicalsky.co.uk

Hampshire
18. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

Hi I am going there for my honeymoon this August!! I presume you were there in sept/oct time. What was the weather like??? As I know AUG/SEPT/OCT is there winter.

The place sounds amazing!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

M Jones

19. Re: The Cove Tree houses, Kindon Beach, Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 27, 2009