We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 34
Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

Is the Serena Safari Lodge located inside the Masai Mara National Reserve, or it is considered as part of the Mara Triangle Conservancy? I am a bit confused about this fact since I know if it is the latter, then you have to pay additional $80 pppd to enter the National Reserve. someone with knowledge, please clarify?

also, i am choosing between this lodge and Ilkeliani Camp (nearer to Talek Gate) for a stay in end Oct. assuming prices are the same, which will be a better choice for game viewing and other reasons?

thank you.

manchester, United...
reviews: 44
1. Re: Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

Mara Serena is inside the Triangle. It is a good location and has great views of the river. I'm pretty sure we only pay one $80 fee to get into the conservancy/triangle.

http://maratriangle.org/

Not sure about the lodge near the gate as I've never been there but it looks nice.

Edited: 12:30 pm, May 08, 2013
nyc
2. Re: Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

The Serena is in the Triangle and the part fee is $80.

Ilkeliani it outside the Talek gate and believe their fee is also $80

Seattle, Washington
3. Re: Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

thanks, but does the $80 fee for Serena means you are only confined to game viewing within the Mara Triangle or can you go out of the Triangle to everywhere in the national reserve?

Arusha, Tanzania
reviews: 6
4. Re: Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

This is often quite confusing. There is one fee of $80 that allows you to pass freely in the Mara Triangle and in the Masai Mara National Reserve. The fee is usually paid in the area that is closest to the lodge you stay in, but it may also be paid depending on where you enter into the area.

Normally, if you are staying at a property that is inside the reserve/triangle the conservation fee is reduced to $70, check with the lodge to be sure things have not changed.

Seattle, Washington
5. Re: Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

got it now, thanks bjd108!

6. Re: Serena Safari Lodge in Masai Mara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 11, 2014