We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights.

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Internal flights.

Hello again.

Have booked and paid our deposit with Gold medal, essence of Africa tour. We didnt check to losely the Itinary .... most of it is fine, however, we have found on a closer look we have to drive

on a tour bus from Mara back to Nairobi.

Asked our t.a could we fly ? but shes has said the people she is dealing with in Nairobi are not replying to her calls/emails. Dont mind paying the extra, can I book this flight myself?

If we do the overland route, how long is it timewise? does the bus stop? if so how often? Seems to me the t.a has had the deposit and isnt to interested in what happens now.

The holiday is booked first ten days in August.

Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 41
11. Re: Internal flights.

Not impressed by your tour operator, pity it is too late to fine another I presume you would lose your deposit. Any good TO would be able to arrange internal flights with no problem, you need to get tough with them they are offering a poor service and safari's are not cheap holidays, good luck with your negotiations.

manchester
12. Re: Internal flights.

Hi all

Thanks very much for your replys re my flight probs:

I have booked a flight from Mara Keekorok with Air kenya to Wilson, 7th August ... cost was £250 for two

which I thought was pretty reasonable. The drive back was not very appealing, plus we dont leave Keekorok until 1.15 so maybe we will be able to book another game drive for that morning while waiting to leave. Can't be bad.

thanks again

London, United...
13. Re: Internal flights.

Biggs,

Glad you go it sorted. Don't forget a taxi to Jomo needs looking at!

GJ

nyc
14. Re: Internal flights.

you will have a morning game drive on your departure day back to NBO. Flight arrives at Wilson (domestic) airport, where for homebound the int'l flight is out of JKIA. Arrange with your TO for a transfer between WIL to JKIA, or arrange a dayroom for balance of afternoon if your homebound isn't till late evening.

Good luck.

Hong Kong, China
15. Re: Internal flights.

Larissa,

I am looking to fly from Mara to Diani, do you have details of which operator does this route?

thanks,

Brian

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
16. Re: Internal flights.

Brian,

see the previous page of this thread (posts 4 to 10) they include details of who flies the route

Mombasa, Kenya
17. Re: Internal flights.

Brian,

Direct non stop flight Mara-Ukunda/Diani after collecting all passengers from Mara Airstrips - Mombasa Air Safari, this is the most convenient option, make sure you book to Diani and NOT Mombasa http://www.mombasaairsafari.com/

If seats are not available for the date you need, look at Air Kenya and Safarilink, they fly via Wilson in Nairobi, no change of airport but some hours of waiting

http://www.airkenya.com/

http://www.flysafarilink.com/

Goog luck with planning!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
18. Re: Internal flights.

The Mombasa Air flights are excellent, we've used them a couple of times. The flight from Musiara strip (for Little Governor's Camp) to Diani takes just over 2 hours. Highly recommended.

Edited: 6:59 am, April 27, 2013
19. Re: Internal flights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 29, 2014